User Tag List

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkkwongnz View Post
    Ya. The system is there. The way they study the game is ahead everyone at the moment. Moreover, Neither Zhang Ning nor Xie Xin Fang established themselves as first class player at WJC or AJC. If I not remember wrong neither LD or LCW won these junior titles.
    If I recall correctly, LD, LCW, Bao Chun Lai, Sony were all last four in the same WJC.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ya. The system is there. The way they study the game is ahead everyone at the moment. Moreover, Neither Zhang Ning nor Xie Xin Fang established themselves as first class player at WJC or AJC. If I not remember wrong neither LD or LCW won these junior titles.
    If I recall correctly, LD, LCW, Bao Chun Lai, Sony were all last four in the same WJC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    good job indeed! but few tournaments ago,
    someone around world 100 even beat WR#1. so he still has a lot job to do!
    and do remember that this "someone around world 100" has been beaten right the next tournament by this guy , anand pawar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    Think about it, Juli could also arrive early this year
    Ok, April, May, June, Juli.
    Musn't mess up the timeline.
    So perhaps Schenk can wait for Djarum?
    After all, it's a bigger purse.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the_jg View Post
    and do remember that this "someone around world 100" has been beaten right the next tournament by this guy , anand pawar
    yeah, you are right!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    For Zhang Ning, you were right, she didn't have much chance when she was young, struggling in the shadow of Ye Zhaoyin, Gong Zhi Chao, then Hu Ting, Wang Chen, Gong Ruina.... Zhang Ning's success was made by Li YB, because ZN can play longer than other players. The relationship between ZN and LYB is extraordinary.

For Xie Xin Fang, you were not right. XXF was a talented player from the beginning, winning the WJC in wd, and also one of the best in xd.

For LD, you were not right. LD was very good as a teenage boy, he won the AJC, and should have won the WJC. He was the hottest in WJC, and much better than any other players, unfortunately, lost to BCL unexpected in the SF, and BCL finally defeated Sony in the final.

After WJC, BCL got more chances, even though his level was far below LD.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for zhang ning, it took her years to recover after that lost in the Uber Cup when she was 19 at the time.

kudo to her, won 3 Oly Golds, 2 as player and one as coach.
    i'm sure more to come after she come back coaching.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    For LD, you were not right. LD was very good as a teenage boy, he won the AJC, and should have won the WJC. He was the hottest in WJC, and much better than any other players, unfortunately, lost to BCL unexpected in the SF, and BCL finally defeated Sony in the final.
    You just confirmed I am right. I wrote those four players were the last four in the WJC i.e. all of them were semifinalists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Goh View Post
    I would think (otherwise) that this Chinese pair Liu/Qiu played better during tight games. Yesterday, they beat Boe/Carsten 21-19, 21-19 (I think) also very close game.
    can't wait to see the Final MD : Liu/Qiu vs. LYD/KSH. Go Korea!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    A surprisingly easy match for Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir as they stroll to the Final of the India SS (yet again) after a quick 21-5, 21-10 victory against the surprisingly poor Polish pair of Robert Mateusiak/Nadiezda Zieba.

The good thing is they don't have to face Sudket/Saralee or Fischer-Nielsen/Pedersen in the Final. Yet, a tricky tie awaits them against the "new" Korean pair Ko Sung Hyun/Kim Ha Na or the "new" English pair Chris Adcock/Gabrielle White.
    The Final is going to be marvelous. Tontowi/Natsir vs. KSH/KHN. Natsir's skill is way above Kim Ha Na's in front of the net and defense. Lilyana can hold on herself playing at the back of the court. Ko Sung Hyun is error-prone. I hope his unforced errors will be greater than Tontowi's.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by indrg View Post
    The Final is going to be marvelous. Tontowi/Natsir vs. KSH/KHN. Natsir's skill is way above Kim Ha Na's in front of the net and defense. Lilyana can hold on herself playing at the back of the court. Ko Sung Hyun is error-prone. I hope his unforced errors will be greater than Tontowi's.
    However, Ko is physically by far superior to Ahmad...let's see whether he can put that into results!
    Hoping for a close fight, although Ahmad/Natsir's form is a bit ominous for that (in the sense that they're pretty strong, ofc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To the 13 year old Mia Audina? Well, look who's better off now.

Teen prodigies do not have a good track record- Just ask Freddy Adu / Michelle Wie / Tracy Austin etc.The ones who made it like (Hingis / Capriati) often have very short careers.

I hope Ratchanok/ TTY (Guan Tianliang / Andy Zhang et al) do not suffer the same fate.

Come to think of it, I cannot recall a really successful teen prodigy story. I meant the 13-15 year old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    for zhang ning, it took her years to recover after that lost in the Uber Cup when she was 19 at the time.

kudo to her, won 3 Oly Golds, 2 as player and one as coach.
    i'm sure more to come after she come back coaching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djake View Post
    To the 13 year old Mia Audina? Well, look who's better off now.

Teen prodigies do not have a good track record- Just ask Freddy Adu / Michelle Wie / Tracy Austin etc.The ones who made it like (Hingis / Capriati) often have very short careers.

I hope Ratchanok/ TTY (Guan Tianliang / Andy Zhang et al) do not suffer the same fate.

Come to think of it, I cannot recall a really successful teen prodigy story. I meant the 13-15 year old ones.
    Agree and this is common in other fields as well but things may get better with today's education and training programs.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WYH and LXR will be in the top group. The rest of top 10 are about at the same level.
    Not at all .... All the top 10 are in the same level.. Strictly speaking, we need to include top 15 as well.. ..
    Last edited by scorpion1; 04-27-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Channel 817.
    Yup. I made it last night. Both my dad and I were like "Why they put it so far??" (I guess only Msian will understand this) usually it's in ch 811 or something...

Anyway, glad to see LCW made it as usual... Not sure about that second game though (not trying to take anything away from Boonsak)... There are times when I think LCW's errors in games increasing these days...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tournament Software still not reflecting the Final play schedule yet.

Ko SH is in 2 finals against (for consecutive week).
    Frankly, I think Ko plays better after (more) warming up.
    In last week Final, the MD was played first, then XD. Lee YD is a very good calming factor for Ko, and Ko went on to win 2 titles.
    I believe it is to Ko advantage if MD is played 1st in this India 2013, and if Ko wins the MD, then there is a high probability for Ko to take the XD as well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The WS game is really shaping up to be very interesting and unpredictable.
    I think at this point, with so many up and coming young (15 - 18 years old) WS talent creating "upsets" (India, Korea, Japan, Thai and China) in recent tournaments, I cannot confidently name the top 10 WS players when 2016 Olympic game in Brazil (Rio) arrives. I believe Sindhu, Inthanon & TTY "should be there in top 10", but again no guaranteer. Even WYH, LXR & WSX may get ousted from top 10 come 2016. This also include MAS Sonia Cheah. That is the beauty of this WS game now.