User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Head heavy double racket recommendation

hi... i mostly play doubles and prefer playing in front. Presently i am playing with Voltric 7 and want a more aggressive head heavy backup racket for sharpen my smashes. Looking for some affordable options around 60.

Thanks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely love my MX80, even in doubles. It has a lot of power, is very stiff and still surprisingly agile for doubles speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestion mate ... but I think my wrist and arm muscles are strong enough for a stiff shaft yet. I tried ArcSaber 009 and it gave pain and vibration in elbow and then i handed back racket just after few minutes of play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For around 60, I think you can try VT5.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you play at the front court, it's not logical to go for a more head havey racket. Because you would lose your speed, that is more important at the front. Voltric 7 is already a little head heavy racket. Maybe you should work on your technic. Or you could try other even-balanced (arcsaber) or headlight (nanospeed) rackets.

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyed View Post
    hi... i mostly play doubles and prefer playing in front. Presently i am playing with Voltric 7 and want a more aggressive head heavy backup racket for sharpen my smashes. Looking for some affordable options around 60.

Thanks...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had same query, but I try and play at the back more. I'm using a head-light racquet and will borrow a VT5 to try next week. I was looking at the VT7 - so is it not heavy headed enough? You said 'backup' so it must be doing well enough to keep as a main.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

You can try RSL WPS racket, it is cheap n you are able to mix n try out the different weight come with the racket.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyed View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion mate ... but I think my wrist and arm muscles are strong enough for a stiff shaft yet. I tried ArcSaber 009 and it gave pain and vibration in elbow and then i handed back racket just after few minutes of play
    maybe save your money and train on how to hit a stronger smash with the correct mechanics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't quite remember how much N60 is but I think it's a decent doubles racquet. Haven't played with it before and it is pink so if you're a guy, probably not the best looking racquet for you

I think one of the carlton vapour trails would be quite good for what you're asking before although they're not particularly head heavy so maybe they're not you're ideal option.
    i know your budget is 60 but just as a reference for future possibilities, Cai Yun uses Kason C7 which is head heavy so maybe give that a go sometime, but as people before me have said; using a head heavy racquet isn't ideal at the front unless you've got SUPER strong wrists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Kason C7 isn't really that head heavy, feels more like even balanced and easy to use at the front, just my experience though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but it's specs are head heavy though it still fits what he's looking for though