Head heavy double racket recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by blackeyed, Apr 23, 2013.

1. blackeyed

blackeyed Regular Member

hi... i mostly play doubles and prefer playing in front. Presently i am playing with Voltric 7 and want a more aggressive head heavy backup racket for sharpen my smashes. Looking for some affordable options around £60.

Thanks...

2. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

Absolutely love my MX80, even in doubles. It has a lot of power, is very stiff and still surprisingly agile for doubles speed.

3. blackeyed

blackeyed Regular Member

Thanks for the suggestion mate ... but I think my wrist and arm muscles are strong enough for a stiff shaft yet. I tried ArcSaber 009 and it gave pain and vibration in elbow and then i handed back racket just after few minutes of play :)

4. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    For around £60, I think you can try VT5.

5. dinitial

dinitial Regular Member

If you play at the front court, it's not logical to go for a more head havey racket. Because you would lose your speed, that is more important at the front. Voltric 7 is already a little head heavy racket. Maybe you should work on your technic. Or you could try other even-balanced (arcsaber) or headlight (nanospeed) rackets.

6. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I had same query, but I try and play at the back more. I'm using a head-light racquet and will borrow a VT5 to try next week. I was looking at the VT7 - so is it not heavy headed enough? You said 'backup' so it must be doing well enough to keep as a main.

7. Yellowfish

Yellowfish Regular Member

sales
    Hi,

You can try RSL WPS racket, it is cheap n you are able to mix n try out the different weight come with the racket.:D:D

8. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    maybe save your money and train on how to hit a stronger smash with the correct mechanics?

9. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

Can't quite remember how much N60 is but I think it's a decent doubles racquet. Haven't played with it before and it is pink so if you're a guy, probably not the best looking racquet for you ;)

I think one of the carlton vapour trails would be quite good for what you're asking before although they're not particularly head heavy so maybe they're not you're ideal option.
    i know your budget is £60 but just as a reference for future possibilities, Cai Yun uses Kason C7 which is head heavy so maybe give that a go sometime, but as people before me have said; using a head heavy racquet isn't ideal at the front unless you've got SUPER strong wrists

10. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    The Kason C7 isn't really that head heavy, feels more like even balanced :p and easy to use at the front, just my experience though.

11. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

Yes but it's specs are head heavy though :p it still fits what he's looking for though