Advanced rackets for an intermediate player

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Lyall, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Lyall

Lyall New Member

Hi guys,

I've seen a few websites featuring rackets saying 'recommended player type: advanced'.

Without stating the obvious, what would the problems for an intermediate player like myself be if I used an advanced racket.

I usually use a light head, medium flex racket and some of the advanced rackets i'm interested in are exactly to those specifications.

Am I being a little pedantic that I won't be good enough to use them?

Thanks guys!

2. swunk

swunk Regular Member

there might be some problems using extra stiff rackets. but with medium flex - none at all.

3. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

That's just nonsense if it says that, If you know enough to know medium flex, head light suits you best then you are advanced enough. Just marketing they say this is the racket LCW uses and all the noobs go out and buy it. If they can't say that they will say things like professional or advanced so even bigger noobs can think they can use a racket of this caliber ergo I am advanced. If it was a super stiff shaft then that's different. (confession I play with LCW' racket:D)

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    usually, and i mean it in a very very general way, advance players have good enough mechanics and swing speed that they can handle a racket with stiff to very stiff shaft. and generally, if an intermediate player don't have the appropriate technique, his/her shoulder might get sore after playing with it for a while.

5. Lyall

Lyall New Member

thanks for your responses!

I tried out a few of the ones I was considering the other day and they felt exactly how I imagined them. Marketing does play a big part and I think I was just lured in.