Arcsaber vs Voltric

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by danimalspark, Apr 24, 2013.

1. danimalspark

danimalspark Regular Member

none
    Hi all! I currently am using a voltric z force but am thinking about getting a new racket (mines is old and worn out :p). Should i get another Z Force, an Arcsaber 11, or and Arcsaber FB? what are the differences and pros and cons between the rackets? Thanks!

P.S. ( i am a singles player )

2. swunk

swunk Regular Member

they are not really sutable for singles. after vtzf you will struggle to extract power from them.

3. slovakia

slovakia New Member

4. swunk

swunk Regular Member

both are quite ok for a beginner, voltric has more weight in the head, when arcsaber is even-balanced. Arcsaber has better control and easier to handle overall. If you play mostly doubles, then it's a better choice. Although as for me, I would have gone for Voltric ) I like the head-heavy touch. But if your wrists are weak, then you will be slower with it when defending or exchanging quick drives.

5. x_marx_dspot

x_marx_dspot Regular Member

Hi, it depends on your style of play. if you are a control player, ArcSaber is okay. but if you're a hard hitter and prefer smashes, then Voltric would be better. :)

6. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

If you're a singles player I reckon you could get away with FB because it's so light but there's no one to clash it with so you're less likely to break it but beware that it's super light and VERY stiff so you need to be very strong and very accurate (ie no mishits) to get powerful shots that don't break the racquet. Otherwise it's really good; very fast swing and great for defence and net play.

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    you didn't mention that you have any problems with your old zf, so i would recommend getting another zf.

8. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

I don't think the FB is a good racket. I don't see the purpose of a light racket, there will be times when you need to smash and you won't have any power. Even a girl playing mixed will need to hit hard from the backcourt sometimes. Not only that, but if you mishit, the racket with flex and the shuttle won't go where you need it to.

If you really want a new racket, I would suggest the Voltric 80 PG, it's actually cheaper than the standard VT80 and VTZF, and it looks better than both of them. It would also play similarly to your VTZF.

If you really feel like getting a new racket from that list, I would get the Arc11 cause it's new.

9. eastok

eastok New Member

yeah,i think so,after vtzf you will struggle to extract power from them.thanks [​IMG]

10. stcw219tan

stcw219tan Regular Member

volt 80 is less stiff than the zforce. arc 11 would be a gd substitute as its stiffness is around the same. only that if you are using 4u arcsaber all only has 3u. arc saber series mostly even balanced and slgihtly heavy head so still got power in smashing

11. NeverWalkAlone

NeverWalkAlone Regular Member

Any guys here switched from at700 to voltric 80 before?

12. shOEw

shOEw Regular Member

Engineer
    how much in the market price for Arc11? SGD?

13. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

The difference between FB and say, a Voltric 80, is noticeable during smashes. However, with good enough skills with placement, that generally won't matter as much. Defense with FB is phenomenal, great control of the bird when returning smashes or drives.

14. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Get a second VZF for a backup

15. dollargood

dollargood Regular Member

Have been using VT80 3U for 1yr but switch to Arc10 3U(Same as Arc11), thought vt80 is a good racket, my arms getting tired during match, whereas Arc10, i can play non-stop 2hrs..
    Maybe i am getting old.......:)

16. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

FB is a good racquet. It's just too expensive to keep and maintain because it breaks so easily, which obviously isn't a problem for international sponsored players. Obviously it's very fast, and people make it seem like the player depends on the racquet completely for power, which isn't the case. Personally I'd say power is split up like this; 90% technique, 8% human/personal strength, 2% racquet output. It's my logic as to why people can smash equally as hard with, say, a VTZF as with a NS9900. It's especially good for girls and/or girl mixed players because of its speed and agility which helps control net shots and drives, creating somewhat stabler shots but again, their technique is perfectly fine so they don't struggle with power and/or over head shots. Before I let go of mine, I normally used N50ii at that point, which is arguably a power racquet of sorts, and the power difference genuinely wasn't really noticeable