User Tag List

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    the official word for the stiffness rating is:

MX80 > MX90 > MX70 > MXJJS > MX60

as for how i know it? sorry i cannot reveal my sources.

Hahaha... LOL

But I agree with Kwun's explanation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clawhammers View Post
    Hahaha... LOL

But I agree with Kwun's explanation.
    I am surpised that Mx90 is stiffer than mx jjs.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday i use MX 90 for the first time with Li ning NS 95 string at 30 tension .

Lobbing. 9/10
    Smashes: 8.2/10 (Not yet use to racket)
    Drive : 8.8/10
    Net: 8/10
    Defensive : 8/10
    Push/Tap : 7.8/10 (Maybe not use to racket yet)

Overall: 8.5/10

Conclusion: Still try get use to MX 90, But i feel its swing speed faster than MX 80.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahah...barring MX90 which ive nvr try b4, I think the above stiffness rating is almost similar to my judgement...that's why im able to inter swap between MX60 and MX-JJS, I've always felt MX80 to be too stiff and MX70 is similar to JJS but feels dull

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely LOVE the MX80, but have to be honest in that as much as it has beautiful control and angles (it's a very sharp, fast and precise racket imo), I still was able to extract a noticeable degree of extra power from the VT80. And when it came down to choosing between additional speed, control and power, I usually ended up opting for power, and swapping to the MX80 only when I got a tad tired using the VT80.

I have a brand new still sealed JJS right beside me, and an MX90 on route, the thing is, because I really loved the stiffness of the MX80, I' thinking I'll prefer the MX90 to the JJS, as it's stiffer than the JJS and from what I've read, marginally head heavier too, and with an ever so slightly thinner frame. What I want from the MX90 is speed and stiffness similar to the MX80, but more of the head weight from the VT80. In that sense I get the feeling the MX90 will suit me better than the JJS, but I can't be sure, as I've seen a few say they preferred the JJS, whilst I've seen others say they prefer the MX90.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Naim, you have the 80, 90, and JJS... looks like it's up to you to give us a good comparative review.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    What I want from the MX90 is speed and stiffness similar to the MX80, but more of the head weight from the VT80.
    Please let us know your findings. I love the MXJJS and I'm curious about MX90. Many have said already that is very similar if not identical to JJS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Please let us know your findings. I love the MXJJS and I'm curious about MX90. Many have said already that is very similar if not identical to JJS.
    My MX90 is still not here. As soon as it gets here I'm going to compare balance points and stiffness with the JJS. I'm probably just going to stick with whichever one is stiffer and more head heavy.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As much as possible, please string and grip both rackets identically. And weigh and bp them for comparison.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    As much as possible, please string and grip both rackets identically. And weigh and bp them for comparison.
    Unfortunately I will not be measuring them strung. I ordered the JJS before sorting something out with the MX90, as a just in-case purchase from Amazon as I realised everything was going out of stock. However, depending on how they measure up (minus strings), I will be keeping only one.

If I string the JJS and/or use it, I'm not sure I'll be able to send it back for a refund, so unfortunately I cannot carry out the testing you'd like me to

Unless of course the JJS measures head heavier and stiffer, then I might just keep it.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Then better yet, measure then unstrung ungripped ie bare.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Then better yet, measure then unstrung ungripped ie bare.
    Yeap, that's what I'll be doing as soon as the MX90 arrives. Really interested to see how the balance and stiffness matches up. Whether it's actually different, or within the margin of manufacturing error.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Include dry weight and head wt, if possible please.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can have all of the technical details you want but that's not going to tell you how the racket plays. And, as each racket is manufactured within a tolerance this information is only specific to that racket and therefore a complete waste of time except for comparison reasons.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    You can have all of the technical details you want but that's not going to tell you how the racket plays. And, as each racket is manufactured within a tolerance this information is only specific to that racket and therefore a complete waste of time except for comparison reasons.

Paul
    True. As much as all rackets differ, there is still a margin of error for which they'd need to fall in to, to meet spec. Eg stiffness should fall within a specific range, as should weight, head balance etc. Obviously the rackets will differ, but they should all be within the range of the target spec by whatever margin Victor QA approve.

This is the case as I've found with numerous rackets of the exact same make and model I've tested. Eg I've compared 4 of the exact same spec VT80s before and they were all very closely spec'd to one another.

Now I do agree that this will not tell me how the racket will play, as there are many other factors too, but it should give me a rough idea relative to the other, as the two rackets are so similarly designed and spec'd. If the MX90 is stiffer for example, coupled with its thinner frame, it would tie in to explain why some people, including yourself found the racket to be marginally quicker or more powerful than the JJS. I realise that you're quite a fan of stiffer rackets, as am I, so the reported marginally stiffer shaft could be a reason.

I guess I'll have to wait and see. Be interesting to see if the MX90 really is that different in balance and stiffness to the JJS, or if it really is just a frame width difference of just 0.2mm.
    Last edited by Naim.F.C; 01-21-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Naim.F.C

Head wt: this was my thread on it how I measure it. Hope it helps.

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...f-swing-weight

Btw, I don't think the MX90 frame is 0.2mm thinner... it's the shaft that's 0.2mm thinner than JJS.

And I'd have to agree to disagree with @paulstewart64 re racket specs measurements. After having owned and experimented with many MX rackets and XP (RKEP) rackets over the past 2 yrs, I can easily report that even 0.2g of head wt difference is very noticeable in swing speed and power.

So if anyone wants to compare 2 different rackets, say from the same series (eg. MX90 vs JJS in this case), then it is very important that we're aware of the individual racket specs before we can even make any meaningful comparison re power, defence, speed, etc.

I'm sorry... I know this opens up a big can of worms for the retailer as people like me will come in to measure and choose specific specs from the shelf. But unfortunately I've seen the light and have been spoilt by Panda Power rackets, where specs are specified and chosen.
    Last edited by visor; 01-21-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visor

i take your point. With the number of players i meet, there are the rare few that would have any idea what dry weight, balance point etc are and would just go off feel and playability. Weights and measure are almost irrelevant to many so I suppose this boils down to how technically minded a player is and whether they have the ability to truly feel the minute differences.

Obviously there are some on BC that can really "feel" a racket and then there are the majority of players where the subtleties simply do not apply.

Paul