Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use soap powder.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    This works for the first time, but after that your forehead will start getting covered with dirt as you transfer dirt from the soles to there.
    Haha, yes that thought does cross my mind when I do it - but if I sweat enough the dirt on my forehead gets, uhh, 'washed' away!

I might try craigandy's method next time, but worried about my hairy, hairy legs.

Sweat transfer aside I suppose an effective way to deal with slippery floors is to adapt your playstyle. I've noticed that players who regularly play in a dusty old hall have lots of deception and double actions, moving opponents around whilst keeping their own movement efficient.

However it's all too easy to forget when I just want to leap aroud, jump smashing like a maniac.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Write a brief and super-polite letter to the school's safety department or janitor pointing out that the floor is dangerous even when the correct footwear is worn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dust and sand can be sweep. Oily floors need to be clean with soap. After all this, spray a concoction of sugar with water, like one teaspoon with 1 liter of water and spray sparingly on floor. that's what we do everytime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My method:

1. Wet the bottom of my shoe with water (maybe it works with other liquids but I haven't tried it) and drag my shoes forth and back untill I get the right feeling. Must be repeated if I feel the slipperiness again.

2. The best thing is mop the court with a wet, but not too wet, cloth. Basically any mop can do, but it's better if it's big so you can mop a wide area at a time and quickly finish.

I encounter these slippery floor on wooden coursts, so I don't know if my methods also apply for other courts, but it's safe to say, that it won't apply to ceramic floors, as they should be dry.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wipe the bottoms of my shoes with sweaty hands. After gigs in my old club venue there is beer on the floor, that's well sticky I want to try that sugar-water!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My method:

Get the BFOB* out the boot of my car.

Sweep the court, preferably without sweeping up any players. Try to ignore the moaning from impatient people who don't mind playing on an ice rink.

* Big F--- Off Brush

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    My method:

Get the BFOB* out the boot of my car.

Sweep the court, preferably without sweeping up any players. Try to ignore the moaning from impatient people who don't mind playing on an ice rink.

* Big F--- Off Brush
    I guess what makes this method particularly effective has got to be that F--- Off feature. Without it, it would merely be a big brush which wouldn't be any good.

*Liked*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2