Need help choosing my next racket!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by thehysa, Apr 27, 2013.

1. thehysa

thehysa Regular Member

Hey guys, I'm looking to upgrade my racket over my Yonex Nanospeed 100. The nanospeed was adequate for learning, however, I'm looking to find a new racket to better suit my needs. I mainly play doubles, and things I disliked about my nanospeed was that it kind of felt heavy, and I dislike the headlight balance. I would like to try an even or head heavy balance. My budget is around $110 and I'm planning to string my new racket with Yonex BG-80 Power, thanks!

2. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

I'm no racquet expert but I'd say either look at mid-range Nanoray series or mid-range Arcsaber series (you can look at higher end too but I don't know the currency conversion so yeah). Otherwise I'd say Li Ning N30II might feel nice but racquets, I think, are something you need to find yourself and see what you like best.

3. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

You should be able to get a Voltric 7 for that price. That particular model normally come in 4U and is light yet head heavy.
    Not sure where in Canukistan you are but the Sportcheck in Waterloo and Cambridge have it. Not listed on their site though. Also available online.

4. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bro try BS 12 1st generation .. good for double...

5. sometimes

sometimes Regular Member

Student
    I recommend getting an Arcsaber or Voltric as well.

I'm unsure on the prices, but try to get the highest number for your $$.

(By the way, don't be afraid to add $20 - $30 to your $110 just so don't have to keep on upgrading)

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional

wait, so you don't like headlight racket, meaning you prefer either even balance or head heavy racket, yet you think your nano100 is too heavy? so basically you want a light weight head heavy or even balance racket?. the nano100 is not by definition "heavy", but if that's too heavy for you, then you might want to look into training your arm to be stronger first before buying a racket that allows you to ignore your weakness.

7. thehysa

thehysa Regular Member

I just find it awkward that the weight of the racket is concentrated towards the bottom and I would much prefer the weight to be more evenly distributed throughout the racket. That's what I mean by "heavy"; apologies for the vague explanation.

8. thehysa

thehysa Regular Member

Any specific models :)?