Please help me regarding my racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by SummerBreeze, Apr 28, 2013.

1. SummerBreeze

SummerBreeze New Member

None
    Um, i bought a Yonex Isometric Zeta (taufik hidayat edition)
    And it says that the racket's maximum tension is 18-24, i bought a Yonex BG 66 string also because it does not come with a free string, the thing that bothers me is that the owner of the sports shop told me that the maximum tension of my racket is 29 because he said there is a plus 5 tension, i don't know where he got that information and they strung my racket with the tension of 26 now what i would like to ask is if it's ok or is it gonna be broken fast, since i don't know much about badminton since i'm just a begginer. i wanna know if it's ok to put 26 tension on a racket with the max. tension of 24? because there's still a 6 months warranty so i can return it incase they did my racket wrong?

2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Hi, the maximum tension that Yonex put on the rackets is well below what the rackets can take but if you string at 26lbs and the racket breaks then your warranty may not be valid. It normally shouldn't affect the racket much by stringing just a little over the max allowed by Yonex. I have strung Yonex and victor rackets upto 30lbs without a problem but if you restring them many times then it will weaken the frame. Have you played with string at 26lbs before? If your not very experienced then a lower tension around 20 or 22lbs may be more suitable.

3. SummerBreeze

SummerBreeze New Member

None
    Thank you for the help Dave, um i have not played with a racket with 26lbs before, so do you advice i change the tension to 20-22lbs? And the racket was brand new when i bought it so it's only it's first time to be strung but the problem the owner said that i should string it with 26lbs. since i don't know much about tensions i agreed giving him my trust.

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

If its already been strung then try it but the higher the tension the more likely you are to have shoulder problems if you don't have a good technique.