User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Voltric Z-Force Smash not powerful

Hey all, I recently got myself a Voltric Z-Force and for some reason it is very hard for me to generate a strong smash with it. My main racket before the Z-Force was a Z-Slash, and the smashes on that seemed easier to generate even though there is a smaller sweet spot... Is it something wrong with my technique, or the racket shaft is too stiff? Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The racket shaft is most likely to stiff for your swingspeed.. If you recently switch it could of course also be adjustment in timing (not hitting the sweetspot). Z-slash is kind of poorly designed racket.. flexible and easy to generate power.. but with poor control and narrow frame...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not enough wrist power to smash with extra stiff shaft. train your wrist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May I ask how I would train my wrist? Like with a dumbbell and move it around back and forth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been happy with my z-force and believe it's because the shaft is more stiff and my technique and wrist power is not up to the job. So got a z slash and really happy with it, much more easier to generate power. I'm thinking of getting the powerball and also trying out some wrist exercises I've seen in this forum to get better.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrasmash View Post
    May I ask how I would train my wrist? Like with a dumbbell and move it around back and forth?
    example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR6l2rob9K4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, i suggest you fill a 1.5L water bottle with water and make a 8 shape rotation with your wrist. I'm sure that you will find it hard to do.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey all, I recently got myself a Voltric Z-Force and for some reason it is very hard for me to generate a strong smash with it. My main racket before the Z-Force was a Z-Slash, and the smashes on that seemed easier to generate even though there is a smaller sweet spot... Is it something wrong with my technique, or the racket shaft is too stiff? Thanks guys.
    z slash has a more flexible shaft compared to the z force. so you're required to swing faster and possibly use more wrist power to generate the same power as if you would from the z slash. give yourself some time to adjust to the new racket as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is your voltric zf and z slash with the same string tension ??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like its hampering your enjoyment of the game. I suggest you go back to the z slash if thats what you comfortable with. Dont see a point in having to ''build up'' to use a racket. Unless your planning to go pro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SyamzariVoltric View Post
    is your voltric zf and z slash with the same string tension ??
    They are both strung at 26lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I own a vtzf 4u and I usually string it at 24lb. I know it's quite low as most vtzf user strings their racket at least 25lb. But surprisingly, I used my friend's vtzf which strung at 22lb, I found that my play get better in the sense that I felt that my smash has more power compare to 24lb and clearing seem better as well. I know it's weird but to be frank, when i wield my 24lb strung vtzf, I could feel the tightness of the string. Can someone explain my scenario to me??

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shosasakigamba View Post
    Sounds like its hampering your enjoyment of the game. I suggest you go back to the z slash if thats what you comfortable with. Dont see a point in having to ''build up'' to use a racket. Unless your planning to go pro.
    +1 for the idea above.
    Seems like the Arc Z-Slash suits you better, there is no point to put your games into boundaries because of your interest of using Z-Force. In the end, the player choose the racket, not the other way around.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky_Boy02 View Post
    I own a vtzf 4u and I usually string it at 24lb. I know it's quite low as most vtzf user strings their racket at least 25lb. But surprisingly, I used my friend's vtzf which strung at 22lb, I found that my play get better in the sense that I felt that my smash has more power compare to 24lb and clearing seem better as well. I know it's weird but to be frank, when i wield my 24lb strung vtzf, I could feel the tightness of the string. Can someone explain my scenario to me??
    For us mere mortals:
    Higher tension = less power + more control
    Lower tension = more power + less control

You have to find the perfect equilibrium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're taking polar opposites and expect them to play the same? As a user of head heavy and stiff rackets, the Zf works for me as if I'd been using it for years. On the contrary, I can't generate power from the Arc line. Just stick yo what works for u now or at least with rackets similar in specs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    For us mere mortals:
    Higher tension = less power + more control
    Lower tension = more power + less control

You have to find the perfect equilibrium.
    "Higher tension generates more power if you're strong. Gollum correctly stated that if you were to start with a low tension and gradually move up, you'll find you generate more power up to a certain point. At that point, if you increase the tension more, you lose power.

String tension works on a similar principle to shaft flexibility. Your string-bed is like a trampoline, pure and simple. When the shuttle makes contact with the string-bed, it bends the strings back. The strings then snap back into place, which propels the shuttle forwards. Like I said, exactly like a trampoline: you land on the trampoline, you bend the surface down, and then it springs you back up in order to regain its original shape.

So let's say you start off at a neutral tension. We'll say 23 lbs. At the moment that you contact the bird, the force of your swing bends the strings back, let's say 2 cm. The strings then snap back into place and propels the bird forwards. So we'll use that as a standard.

Then you increase your tension to say, 26 lbs. IF YOU ARE STRONG, then at the moment that you contact the bird, the force of your swing will still be able to bend the strings back 2 cm. Except now, because the tension is higher, the strings snap back into their original position at a faster speed and thus, increases the repulsion. Lo and behold, all the increased speed and repulsion translates to a more powerful smash.

Wonderful. This increasing tension thing seems to be working. So now you decide to increase the tension to 30 lbs. Theoretically, it should work the same way. The higher tension should snap the strings back at an even faster speed and generate even more repulsion right? Well, that depends on your ability TO BEND THE STRINGS BACK 2 CM. If you are strong enough to bend the strings back 2 cm, then yes, you will create more power. However, if the tension has gotten so high that you can't even generate enough power to bend the strings back 2 cm, then the strings will only bend, say 1 cm (or less). In THIS scenario, then, yes, the strings will still snap back at a faster speed... but they're only snapping the distance of 1 cm, not 2. When that happens, you lose power (and you'll feel like you're hitting the shuttle with a wooden board).

So you want to aim for an optimum balance right? You want to increase your tension as high as you can (for the increase in repulsion) WITHOUT compromising your ability to bend the strings. That's why professionals use super high tensions. THEY have the strength to bend the strings, even at comically high tensions. As a result, they reap the reward that is a more powerful and explosive smash. But if you don't have the strength to bend the strings, then you won't be able to reap the benefits of those same high tensions."

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...e-power/page2?

Post #24

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    The racket shaft is most likely to stiff for your swingspeed.. If you recently switch it could of course also be adjustment in timing (not hitting the sweetspot). Z-slash is kind of poorly designed racket.. flexible and easy to generate power.. but with poor control and narrow frame...
    poor control???0.0?
    Last edited by DannyYan; 05-07-2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast