User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default kason f9 vs victor bs 12

    Have anyone ever used both rackets mentioned? Pls share ur experience.. I'm currently interested on both..but need to decide either one of them..tq..

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have both rackets..very good for power and all around

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If u have to pick..which one would you choose n why?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jakarta/Singapore/Sydney
    Posts
    400
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    +1 for Kason F9... but that's just me

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA,AZ
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah,i think so,i have both rackets..very good for power and all around.thank you

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eastok View Post
    yeah,i think so,i have both rackets..very good for power and all around.thank you
    +1 for kason f9 too??
    before this there was one guy recommended the f9 too..
    but act I prefer bs 12 becoz it looks nicer to me...and also cheaper if not mistaken...
    but it might be heavier...I have the chance to weigh the racket last time, it was 92g without string..
    not sure about the f9 though...and little bit of extra weight might be positive too...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanba View Post
    +1 for kason f9 too??
    before this there was one guy recommended the f9 too..
    but act I prefer bs 12 becoz it looks nicer to me...and also cheaper if not mistaken...
    but it might be heavier...I have the chance to weigh the racket last time, it was 92g without string..
    not sure about the f9 though...and little bit of extra weight might be positive too...
    In terms of price, BS 12 is definitely cheaper.
    However, I suggest that you consider your playing habits wisely before choosing either rackets.
    BS 12 is a good racket for doubles and singles. It's a very balanced racket because it's even balanced and it has medium stiffness.
    F9 is a very good racket for doubles. It's flexible and slightly head heavy and as such, a good deal for power players. Personally, I don't think it's a very suitable racket for singles as it is difficult to play net and placement shots with it.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i want sell bs12 and f9 ltd

  9. #9
    Regular Member Lucastth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    In terms of price, BS 12 is definitely cheaper.
    However, I suggest that you consider your playing habits wisely before choosing either rackets.
    BS 12 is a good racket for doubles and singles. It's a very balanced racket because it's even balanced and it has medium stiffness.
    F9 is a very good racket for doubles. It's flexible and slightly head heavy and as such, a good deal for power players. Personally, I don't think it's a very suitable racket for singles as it is difficult to play net and placement shots with it.
    Agreed, except for some parts from my personal experience . I would prefer the F9 over the BS 12 (unless price is an issue). Although the specs of F9 is even balanced, but like you I also find it slightly head heavy. And because of this the power generation is easier than the BS 12 so I do use it for singles as well. Don't have problems in net play with F9, but once again yes placement can be harder due to the mid-flex, which is the same case for BS 12.

    If you play singles most of the time then I'd look into stiffer rackets for more accuracy and control.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucastth View Post
    If you play singles most of the time then I'd look into stiffer rackets for more accuracy and control.
    Are you confusing string tension and shaft stiffness?

  11. #11
    Regular Member Lucastth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    54
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nope, I'm aware that higher string tension produces greater control and accuracy as the shuttle bounces off quicker compared to lower tension. But a stiffer shaft (with heavier head) for me provides a more solid hitting feeling, and I'm able to direct my shots to where I want more precisely

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucastth View Post
    Nope, I'm aware that higher string tension produces greater control and accuracy as the shuttle bounces off quicker compared to lower tension. But a stiffer shaft (with heavier head) for me provides a more solid hitting feeling, and I'm able to direct my shots to where I want more precisely
    Agreed.. But some rackets are too stiff that I felt quite hard to handle them.. I often play doubles.. Both these rackets have positive feedbacks so far for doubles.. yonex got the arcsaber 7 n i-slash if not mistaken which is comparable with bs 12 n f9.. But I just dont like the arc 7 design..i-slash too iphone-ish..Haha

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nearly 30 hours plus of using F9...what can only do is, smash 1, smash 2, point for me..haha..

    Jokes aside...my first hi end racket xp is F9 and MX80...my playing style especially smashes improved greatly...while playing with normal rackets b4, my playing style is good enough among my group...but after switching to F9, I could only say it really suits my playing style...also, my game ie drop shots, net, doesn't suffer too much...but again, didn't get enough chance to do it since bz smashing...haha..

    With the MX80, normally I'll be using it for the first to sets, then F9 all the way...

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asraz View Post
    With the MX80, normally I'll be using it for the first to sets, then F9 all the way...
    ...I'll be using it for the first *two sets...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •