kason f9 vs victor bs 12

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by nanba, Apr 29, 2013.

1. nanba

nanba Regular Member

student
    Have anyone ever used both rackets mentioned? Pls share ur experience.. I'm currently interested on both..but need to decide either one of them..tq..

2. dream01

dream01 Regular Member

i have both rackets..very good for power and all around

3. nanba

nanba Regular Member

student
    If u have to pick..which one would you choose n why?

4. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

+1 for Kason F9... but that's just me :rolleyes:

5. eastok

eastok New Member

yeah,i think so,i have both rackets..very good for power and all around.thank you [​IMG]

6. nanba

nanba Regular Member

student
    +1 for kason f9 too??
    before this there was one guy recommended the f9 too..
    but act I prefer bs 12 becoz it looks nicer to me...and also cheaper if not mistaken...
    but it might be heavier...I have the chance to weigh the racket last time, it was 92g without string..
    not sure about the f9 though...and little bit of extra weight might be positive too...

7. slowmotion

slowmotion Regular Member

Student
    In terms of price, BS 12 is definitely cheaper.
    However, I suggest that you consider your playing habits wisely before choosing either rackets.
    BS 12 is a good racket for doubles and singles. It's a very balanced racket because it's even balanced and it has medium stiffness.
    F9 is a very good racket for doubles. It's flexible and slightly head heavy and as such, a good deal for power players. Personally, I don't think it's a very suitable racket for singles as it is difficult to play net and placement shots with it.

8. dream01

dream01 Regular Member

i want sell bs12 and f9 ltd

9. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    Agreed, except for some parts from my personal experience :D. I would prefer the F9 over the BS 12 (unless price is an issue). Although the specs of F9 is even balanced, but like you I also find it slightly head heavy. And because of this the power generation is easier than the BS 12 so I do use it for singles as well. Don't have problems in net play with F9, but once again yes placement can be harder due to the mid-flex, which is the same case for BS 12.

If you play singles most of the time then I'd look into stiffer rackets for more accuracy and control.

10. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Are you confusing string tension and shaft stiffness?

11. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    Nope, I'm aware that higher string tension produces greater control and accuracy as the shuttle bounces off quicker compared to lower tension. But a stiffer shaft (with heavier head) for me provides a more solid hitting feeling, and I'm able to direct my shots to where I want more precisely

12. nanba

nanba Regular Member

student
    Agreed.. But some rackets are too stiff that I felt quite hard to handle them.. I often play doubles.. Both these rackets have positive feedbacks so far for doubles.. yonex got the arcsaber 7 n i-slash if not mistaken which is comparable with bs 12 n f9.. But I just dont like the arc 7 design..i-slash too iphone-ish..Haha

13. asraz

asraz Regular Member

Civil servant
    Nearly 30 hours plus of using F9...what can only do is, smash 1, smash 2, point for me..haha..

Jokes aside...my first hi end racket xp is F9 and MX80...my playing style especially smashes improved greatly...while playing with normal rackets b4, my playing style is good enough among my group...but after switching to F9, I could only say it really suits my playing style...also, my game ie drop shots, net, doesn't suffer too much...but again, didn't get enough chance to do it since bz smashing...haha..

With the MX80, normally I'll be using it for the first to sets, then F9 all the way...

14. asraz

asraz Regular Member

Civil servant
    ...I'll be using it for the first *two sets...