Dry Hands!

Discussion in 'Grip' started by quangster, May 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. quangster

quangster Regular Member

N/A
    When I play, I never sweat on my hands! Then it just feels weird to hold my yonex overgrip on the racket. Can someone give me some advice or suggest me to a new type of grip? Thanks in advance!

2. visor

visor Regular Member

in north America, where we don't sweat as much playing as in say Singapore or Malaysia, tacky grips work well... like rkep elite g09, or some other ones from toalson, prince etc for tennis

3. kaki!

kaki! Regular Member

* In certain parts of North America. Some exclusion of population may apply. Statement voided where prohibited.

4. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Yonex tacky grip may be worth a try.

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    well then please stay away from towel grip all together because your racket will fly out of your hand, learned it early in elementary school.

if you have very dry hands like i do, then even the normal yonex supergrap is good enough. gamma supreme is very tacky but not painful. RKEP G09 that someone mentioned is extremely tacky and for people like us, you will probably change the grip once every couple months. of course it's not sanitary to wait that long, but i've never held something that maintain its tackiness for that long.

sometimes when i sweat i wipe it off with my fingers and fling it to the side of the court, sometimes i use my racket hand so that i have some moisture on my hand so that when i grip the handle, it gives it a bit more tackiness from the not-so-tacky grips like the yonex supergrap, or those from victor. on the other hand, i feel that with the RKEP G09 if your hand is sweaty, it's less tacky......maybe it's just me?

6. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Yah, I've never experienced this before, but yesterday when I played for 3 hrs straight, my hand started getting damp with sweat and the handle almost slipped out of my hand a few times when I smashed hard.

My grip is white G09.

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have tried a few different colors and i love white the most, but for some odd reason, white G09 seems to have the least tackiness to begin with and it deteriorate the quickest. and with the G09, my hands needs to be dry, because, somehow, it seems that the grip doesn't absorb sweat, it just stays on the surface of the grip and it gets slippery after that :(

8. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    When my hands are too dry - what's only hardly the case - I take a bit sweat from my head and make my hand or the grip a bit wet. Mostly at the beginning of a game.
    After a few points I have to blow in my hands to make them a bit dry :D