User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    What can I say, the qualifying bar at your level is too high, most of us might not make it that long .....

I will probably drop by from the quarterfinals onwards. Going down to Jakarta first. Got some leave time to burn before I leave my current posting.
    Good. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Change again for you? Going places or remaining within the same outfit?

Surely you have not abandoned your badminton! Continuing with "this beautiful game" will raise your bar higher than mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am ready to pay for the premium tickets and watch the Singapore Badminton Open Semi-finals and Finals once again if and only if the BWF and the organizers would somehow ensure that they would not tolerate players from withdrawing in the game (especially in the Finals) without getting any ranking sanction or sufficient monetary penalties to prevent instances like what happened two years ago between LD and Jin Chen
    Last edited by dwinski; 05-14-2013 at 12:31 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwinski View Post
    I am ready to pay for the premium tickets and watch the Singapore Badminton Open Semi-finals and Finals once again if and only if the BWF and the organizers would somehow ensure that they would not tolerate players from withdrawing in the game (especially in the Finals) without getting any ranking sanction or sufficient monetary penalties to prevent instances like what happened two years ago between LD and Jin Chen
    How often can you witness 28 players from China, the best badminton-playing country in the world?

Now, if LCW decides to come to challenge the China lads, the stadium will be full of sparks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the official entry list of players available already. I thought today is the deadline. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see you guys there

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been supporting the SG Open SS since its inauguration, at the stadium every year.
    But this year, due to work, I may be just contented to watch the SG Open on tv, am still pondering.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default About LNSO 2013

http://www.singaporebadmintonopen.sg/

Singapore’s Premier Badminton Tournament is back bigger and better!

Fans will be brought closer to the action with a new arena layout, entertained by great music and action packed cheerleading performances between the matches. Besides top badminton action and stars, fans can further expect to be entertained at the Badminton Carnival and allow fans a piece of the action.

Get ready for the exciting battles and world class action at the Li-Ning Singapore Open 2013!

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by Loh; 05-14-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, SBA is consolidating the entire list before posting on the www.singaporebadmintonopen.sg site. Your patience is much appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try to come down..... SBA is partnering NETs for the first time to create personalized NETs flashcards for fans who want to create their own memories of the Singapore Open!

Don't miss this opportunity!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee1668 View Post
    Hi, SBA is consolidating the entire list before posting on the www.singaporebadmintonopen.sg site. Your patience is much appreciated.

Out of interest are you Bobby Lee, CEO of SBA?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sealman View Post
    Out of interest are you Bobby Lee, CEO of SBA?
    I presume he is and it is very kind of him to join us in BC and personally trying his best to market the Singapore Open. That shows he has passion for the game and we should support him and SBA.

For this reason, I hope other interested BC members will try their best to attend this year's Open!

BTW, for those who may not have noticed, especially kwun and Cheung, our BC name is mentioned in the new SBA website.
    Last edited by Loh; 05-15-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyLee1668 View Post

Congratulations on your initiative!

I am however, having some issues connecting to the site, it appears to be offline for long periods...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    I presume he is and it is very kind of him to join us in BC and personally trying his best to market the Singapore Open. That shows he has passion for the game and we should support him and SBA.

For this reason, I hope other interested BC members will try their best to attend this year's Open!

BTW, for those who may not have noticed, especially kwun and Cheung, our BC name is mentioned in the new SBA website.
    It is? That's really nice. I can't find see it yet but that's probably due to the smartphone I am using now.

Do you think they'd allow the BC banner to be unfurled at the S'pore Open?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ABOUT SINGAPORE OPEN

http://www.singaporebadmintonopen.sg...ment_info.html

History of Singapore Open

Started a quarter of a century ago in 1987, the Singapore Open has proven to be a success as a marquee sporting event in promoting badminton around the region, and helping companies enhance its branding and presence in Singapore. Misbun Sidek was the very first Men's Singles champion, while the legendary Liem Swee King was the first Men's Doubles champion when he partnered Bobby Ertanto in 1987. Our past winners also included illustrious badminton players such as Zhao Jian Hua, Yang Yang, Li Ling Wei, Han Ai Ping, Razif and Jalani Sidek, Foo Kok Keong and the list goes on.

Venue Info

The Indoor Stadium is Singapore's largest and most versatile indoor sports and entertainment venue.

Officially opened in December 1989, the Singapore Indoor Stadium has a flexible arena that can be arranged to accommodate both small (2,500 spectators) and large crowds (up to 12,000 spectators). The Stadium has been used for various major sport events, entertainment events and concerts performed by international superstars such as Elton John and Janet Jackson. In 1999 and 2000, the stadium hosted the Tennis' Heineken Open, and welcomed players such as Marcelos Rios and Lleyton Hewitt.

The Indoor Stadium is also no stranger to world-class badminton action. The Li-Ning Singapore Open is a high-profile tournament that has been held there since 2004. The Indoor Stadium has since seen the crowning of top-seed players such as Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei, Peter Gade and Zhang Ning at the tournaments.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    It is? That's really nice. I can't find see it yet but that's probably due to the smartphone I am using now.

Do you think they'd allow the BC banner to be unfurled at the S'pore Open?

BC is mentioned on the home page at the bottom as follows under "Badminton Resources":
    http://www.singaporebadminton.org.sg/

"Singapore Badminton Association (SBA) is the National Sporting Association (NSA) for badminton. The association is charged with the training and performance of our national athletes and the national and international competitions. Badminton is the 5th most participated sport with regular players projected minimally at 170,000!"

Badminton Resources

•Badminton World Federation
    •Badminton Asia Confederation
    Badminton Central
    •ICanBook

As regards displaying our BC Banner, we have tried it before in 2004 (I think) when kwun made his maiden voyage here with his wife and mother (who incidentally commissioned the original BC banner to be made in China) and we also had a BC gathering in his honour. We managed to unfurl our banner only for a brief moment but was told to keep it as only sponsors' material was allowed to be displayed.

SBA management has changed since then, and I wonder whether we can display our BC banner now, since we have so many thousands of enthusiastic members around the world following the Singapore Open not only in person but also via the social media, even when they are supposed to be sleeping because of the different time zone. And with an expected field of so many superstars, more will forego sleep for a chance to follow or witness their stars in action.

The BC banner will add tremendous meaning to badminton world passion and to have it displayed in such a beautiful indoor stadium as the SIS for all to see during the SO, will indeed make Singapore a most unique venue to connect with badminton fans worldwide.

I think Singapore held the distinct honour of displaying the BC Banner in a hugely recognised tournament such as the SO unofficially for the first time in 2004.

To have it displayed officially in Singapore in 2013, after a decade, will give strength and support to not only badminton in general, but more so to SBA as an organisation really promoting the sport worldwide. BC members all around the world will be thrilled to see the BC Banner!

How about it Mr Bobby Lee?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default BC Banner and Gathering in 2004

I managed to have these pictures with me to remind us of our happy past.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Being a linejudge is no joke.

You have to concentrate 101% on watching the line and not be distracted by the excitement and noise in the stadium and especially the goings-on in your own court.

You can't choose the event you want to judge and you may miss your favourite stars when they are playing on the other courts.

You may even be seated in a less-than-ideal place together with other officials and you are not allowed to move away from your allotted location to have a better view.

You can't even ask to go for a "toilet break" when judging! Sorry if you have to pee in your pants.

A tiny distraction just to see your star player in action may result in a bad call from you and you may be booed by discerning fans. Luckily they check everybody with bags at the entrance and disallow dangerous items and even water bottles to be brought in, otherwise such bottles may be thrown at you!

Another bad call may result in your being asked to be replaced! Where are you going to hide your face in such an open place for all to see?

Do you still want to be a linejudge just to get a free admission?

As a senior citizen, I pay only $18 plus $1 SISTIC fee to enjoy the entire tournament for several days.

Of course you need to grow to my age to enjoy such privileges. Neither is it easy to be a linejudge for you need to attend lessons and practicals on judging and be able to pass the final exam!

Your choice now. Do you still prefer to pay while the early bird discount is still available for all categories of tickets?
    ..and the worst part for you is to not able to use your camera!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast