User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DuckFeet View Post

Flex is crazy, there's loads of it! Not sure I like the low kick point as the SL79 had that and I hit a lot of shots out/into the net when stunning rather than following through the shuttle. We'll see. Can't wait to see what I can do with increasing both swing weight and speed... watch this space.
    funny you say that - I have measured deflection of my mx60 rackets and compared to TPro they are more stiff. And TPro is 'stiff' by most standards (www.dcbadminton.net).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been ill and not able to play, been going nuts! I managed a little knockabout at lunch. Feels really good! I've reduced my grip size to Stock grip + one layer overgrip with a 1mm overlap. More finger power and the balance feels better like this.

MX60
    3U G3
    Weight 95g with string + overgrip (86g dry).
    headweight 41g wet
    bp 300mm
    Pictures to follow when i get them on photobucket.

Seems to have lost 2-4 lbs tension already. MP66 at 21/23 one string, 1000Hz at time of stringing. Now showing at 925Hz on Carltune, less than my factory SL79 which is over a year old Feels perfect for plastics though so not all bad, will have to wait and see how it does on feathers but it feels like there is plenty of power on tap.

Is the warranty void if I two-string this and has anyone tried it? I think tension held better on my other racquets with 2 strings so I'm tempted to try it. Either that or you ADD a lb for this racquet not REDUCE by 1lb when stringing :s

Cheers Benwilluk for sorting me out. Now looking for a local club playing tonight or tomorrow so I can make a guest appearance and test it out. I think I'll go mad if I have to wait til tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't play last night Just had a game against a squash player. 3 week gap, new racquet, slippy floor, strings feeling really loose, grip too small and not tacky enough (I like making excuses). Result 0-3. Argch! I hit every smash into the net, is that the flex altering my hit angle? It does bode well for nice smash angles when I adjust though. There does seem to be some nice power available but I rarely hit the sweetspot. At least my elbow isn't hurting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DuckFeet View Post
    Didn't play last night Just had a game against a squash player. 3 week gap, new racquet, slippy floor, strings feeling really loose, grip too small and not tacky enough (I like making excuses). Result 0-3. Argch! I hit every smash into the net, is that the flex altering my hit angle? It does bode well for nice smash angles when I adjust though. There does seem to be some nice power available but I rarely hit the sweetspot. At least my elbow isn't hurting...
    honeymoon period.. give it time.. You need some time to adjust considering your previous racket was head light.

I never regretted moving onto the MX60 and letting go of my ARC 7.

I have also tried a friend's VT5 on one occasion... Quite decent but it's just not at par with the MX60...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First chance to use "the boomstick" (yeah I name my racquets) on feathers tonight. Wow. Strung at 21/23 MP66 a few weeks back so it's well soggy by now but still feels fairly crisp and repulsive considering.

Smashes: effortless, steep. Plenty more to come when i get the timing down. A little bit wild when putting more effort in.
    Backhands: mis-timed a lot, others went right to the back easily.
    Drop shots: very tight to the net. I played one with reverse slice which was highly effective so must play about this that some more.
    net shots: Probably my weakest area. I hit the tape (and it went over) four times in an hour or so of play. I thought looser strings meant less control? I think I'll have to stop chasing higher tensions. Damn Zymax and their lovely addictive repulsion.
    Serves: as good as ever, didn't flick any though.
    net kills: hit the net mostly, but racquet is plenty fast enough for them to finish the rally.
    clip smashes: as fast as regular smashes near as damnit.
    defense: so-so, certainly no worse especially when blocking back to the net.
    drives: didn't really get to play any.
    vibration on hitting: none that I noticed.
    Sweetpot: freaking huge at this tension. feels like 80% of the racquet.
    looks: Eurgh yellow. Completely forgiven when I noticed half the head is carbon fibre. Yummy. Batman colour scheme good. Superman colour scheme red/blue strings not so good...
    grip: original removed (nice takiness/ridges though) 2x overgrip on the wood then karakal pu supergrip on top. perfect.

I thought this thing felt a bit slow/heavy when waving it about but the aerodynamics make it plenty quick enough when playing. There is the perfect amount of "knowing where the racquet head is" from the slight HH balance. 95g wet gives enough momentum I find. It just feel so nice and smooth to use. So glad I bought it. Also my tennis/golf elbow and starting of sore shoulder - I can't even remember where it used to hurt!

I need to explore stunning the shuttle more - I think this lets the flex do the work, but I was brushing/playing through and the shuttle pretty much went where I wanted for not a lot of effort.

All in all very happy. I'm taking this thing to bed with me when the wife goes away for the weekend! Can't wait to try ZM65 slightly tighter. I think that is the only improvement for this racquet that comes to mind.

No more photos as I cannot find my card adaptor, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default picture

7. Likes clawhammers, bakulaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MX60 is the best damped Meteor, that's for sure. Stick red ZM65 or BG66U on it, and you'll change your mind about the looks.

9. Likes clawhammers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didn't like red strings on mine. prefer white. Maybe I'm just a traditionalist :shrug:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree with amleto that I think white looks better on this. So I'm going for black Changed my mind on the yellow and black colour scheme.Can't think why... My preferred tipple. This stuff is dynamite if you have a migraine by the way but I think my brain is wired in a very odd way.
    Last edited by DuckFeet; 05-30-2013 at 03:16 AM. Reason: speeling (sic - lol)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2