Should I upgrade to electronic?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by llpjlau, May 3, 2013.

1. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Hi, as I may already have pointed out in another thread, I'm considering upgrading to an electronic stringing system. I'm currently using a Klippermate m140 and whilst it does its job for the most part, I am uncomfortable with the racket "warp" when I'm stringing - even at tensions ~26lbs. I assume that 6-point mount/support will help with this as the m140 is only 2-point.
    The only thing holding me back, is of course $. And I live Down Under so anything I will have to factor in a considerable amount of shipping costs.

Here are the options I have in mind:

Option A - Pro's Pro Shuttle Express + Wise 2086
    Option B - Pro's Pro Challenger II + Wise 2086 + Michal's custom-made supports
    Option C - Pro's Pro TX700 + Michal's custom-made supports
    Option D - Stick with the m140
    Option E - Quit stringing altogether to avoid the dilemma :p (this is a joke)

Anyone have any input? Feel free to suggest other options too.

2. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    #3 yan.v, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  4. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Just ordered myself a Pro's Pro XP Plus from RacquetDepot UK. Plus a WISE2086 from GLP Sports HK. Total outlay of about 1400USD including badminton fixed clamps for the machine etc. Ouch! Considerably more than what I was initially prepared to spend but I decided that this set-up will be much better than my m140.

Need to string at least 1-2 rackets per week to make back my money in 1.5years!

#4 llpjlau, May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Guess it's too late to ask the question. I've used M140 for over 10 years, and many jobs are 26+. I do not see the "wrap" issue, though... :confused:

6. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

It could just be a normal occurrence. I've been having some problems with my m140 as well, but have not had time to troubleshoot. Maybe the newer machines from Klippermate are just not built as good anymore?