looking for badminton shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by alprausch, May 5, 2013.

1. alprausch

alprausch Regular Member

Hey Guys

I am looking for some new badminton shoes. My problem is that I just don't like those colourful models most of you might have, so Im looking for some black and white ones. I really like the yonex shb-86ex, but i dislike the orange parts. i have already found 2 models, allthough im not sure if they are made for badminton.
    the first choice would be the adidas team special, whitch is originally a floorball shoe:
    http://www.athleticum.ch/shop/produc...11-106801.html
    the second one would be the mizuno sala club in, an indoor foolball shoe:
    http://www.zalando.ch/mizuno-sala-cl...2a01v-002.html
    Can you tell me if any of these shoes are good for badminton or do you have any experience with any of those? or maybe you know a model in the same style, but thats better made for badminton?

thanks already for your answers
    alprausch

2. alprausch

alprausch Regular Member

since no one could help me, i did a little research on my own, and just in case someone has the same taste as me, here's what i found:

only black/white:
    adidas team spezial
    mizuno lightning rx
    mizuno twist control 002
    prince nfs indoor v
    victor v7800
    li-ning badminton shoe mens III
    asics gel rocket
    head mens grid

with decent colors (no neon)
    yonex shb 86
    mizuno wave smash
    mizuno wave fang
    asics gel blast 3
    apacs pro 695
    adidas counterblast

regards
    alprausch

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Usually you would do some research before asking for help :p. But you already searched for two and no futsal shoes are never good for badminton, well maybe if you only stand still ... Those links you posted don't work by the way so that might explain why no one had responded yet ;).

You do know this SHB86 exists as well:

http://www.yonex.com/_assets/images/badminton-footwear-shb-86ex-main.jpg ?
    If so, some of your listings are quite questionable as well in terms of being loud :D (well, the Prince mostly and the Victor has a big red logo that stands out as much as the orange on the SHB86)

#3 demolidor, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

If you purely want black and white then you could wait for Adidas' top badminton shoe:

FEATHER-TECH.jpg

This one will also be available in white/black. The yellow upper will be white, the yellow on the heel will be black and the main black part of the sole will be natural rubber colour ...

Looks close to this older version (but with the above new design): http://www.unihockeyshop.ch/adidas/...-bt-feather-white-black.html?cid=753&pid=6529

#4 demolidor, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  5. alprausch

alprausch Regular Member

oh, i see... well, i did some research but coulnt find anything within a useful period of time so i decided to write here because especially the asian models are very hard to find for a swiss guy like me who doesnt speak a word in any asian language...

well, thanks for your help, buts its a little bit too late, i just bought the adidas team special. but i think (and hope) they are gonna serve me well, since im more a midrange player.

but for the next time: how did you get these infos bout the black/white version? it was hard for me to find any information bout adidas badminton products at all^^

6. alprausch

alprausch Regular Member

uuh i think i found that shoe too (just couldnt remember at first cuz i saw too many shoes in the last days^^). but i didnt realize that it was a shoe made for badminton cuz it was also on that floorball website... so i thought it would be as good as the team special. hope i wont regret my decision.