Equivalent to Panda revelation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by razorei, May 6, 2013.

1. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    Hello dear all,

I've bought 2 Panda Revelation (87gr/297mm) and i found this racket to be very very nice.
    As i've broke one of them, i was looking to get another one, the problem is that Dink has quite much family pb to manage and has cut with badminton for a while (best regard for him and his family), so the 2nd batch is not excpected since a long time...

So i would like to have some help for getting my back up racket.

For the moment i have the following rackets in my bag :

- Panda PPro ==> Closest to the revelation but without the easiness and not as much power

- Victor MX JJS ==> Good for single, lack of speed and once again easiness compared to the revelation

- Victor MX70 ==> Close to revelation in term of power and easiness but a with less speed

I was thinking of adidas duoforce, BS12, BS LYD or RKEP XP 70/60 dunno what you guys think about it.

I play mostly double game and im a fast counter-attacking player, my principle faling is my smash power that's why i like racket which can give me easy power (no pb during back court clears and drop).

Thank you guys.

2. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

You might look at the BS11 if the BS12 is too flexible for you. The JJS is a rather heavy racket but it is a lot of fun to play with. The MX70 I tried was in 4U so I cannot compare with the others. Other than that, I cannot help you as I haven't played with the other rackets mentioned.

3. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    Thank you for your answer, currently i have MX70 and JJS in 3U and for the moment the closest racket to revelation i found is MX70.

I need to try a flexier racket in order to determine if it's ok for me, as RKEP racket is quite cheap, im planning to buy 2 XP70 or XP60 to try, i'll make a review when i'll have it :)

4. visor

visor Regular Member

I also have all those rackets you have including xp70 and xp60, except mxjjs. :)

The closest would be xp70 around the same specs. If you like it a tad stiffer with more power and no compromise in defence, then xp60 2g lighter is amazing. This is now my favourite go to racket. :D

5. forumer

forumer Regular Member

Hey visor, any coming review from u on the xp60 vs xp70. Currently am using the heavier xp70, same spec as yours. What spec is your xp60?
    Strangely i find lot of vibration when hitting with my xp70. As such it lack power on clear n smash. No such problem on my panda power precision pro with same spec as xp70 with ppro head definetly heavier. But unfortunately broke my ppro. Nw looking at xp60 or panda power revelation. Your advice much appreciate.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Vibration? What strings and tension you using? No problem with mine on zm62@23lbs and nbg98@25lbs.

My favourite xp70 is spec'd 87g/295mm but measures to be 85.6g/295mm.
    The xp60 is spec'd 85g/297mm but measures to be 82.3g/307mm!!
    On playing they swing almost the same, but on hitting, the xp60 is more powerful, but also more demanding... meaning strike has to be crisp and unrushed.

Compared to my Rev (88.2g/295mm) and my PPro (88.0g/297mm) both strung with zm62@23lbs, the xp's give up a little on max power (smash, clear) but has more speed and maneuverability for fast drives and defence. So now I use the Rev/PPro for mixed doubles play and singles half court practice, and xp's for mens doubles play.

7. forumer

forumer Regular Member

My xp70 strung with zm62 27/29 lbs but nw is at 24lbs measured with racquettune..at 27/29 only very slight vibration. Evry shot was crisp n nice. Bt nw at 24lb vibration was bad..dunno why or is it me only??? Thats why considering revealation or xp60. Hope u can do a review soon. Thanks.

8. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    Thank you all for your advices, im a weak guy so i ordered a pair of XP70 at 87gr and 297mm BP like my revelation :D

9. forumer

forumer Regular Member

Would love it if u could do a comparison between revelation n xp70. Thanks.

10. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    I will don't worry ;)

11. forumer

forumer Regular Member

Any chance of u to do a comprison between revelation n ppro. Im thinking of either revelation,ppro or xp60.Thanks

#11 forumer, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  12. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    revelation and PPro are quite the same which means very fast racket, the main difference concerns the stiffness, the revelation is a bit less stiff.

This make a big difference concerning power and easiness as the PPro is a very stiff racket, it's quite nervous and each strike outside the sweetspot is punished immediatly.
    The revelation is more tolerant.

The choice depend on what you like, if you think you can handle the stiffness of the PPro go for it because it's more precise and very stable at the net.