User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riceman101 View Post
    Perhaps he uses Yan.V method of putting a scrap string in there. But when he removes the scrap string he pulls it out too fast and burns it.
    I don't think I'd be able to create such damage even by pulling the scrap strings really really fast, since there isn't much string to pull.

I think he just pulled the cross string super fast once he got it through the grommet.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    I don't think I'd be able to create such damage even by pulling the scrap strings really really fast, since there isn't much string to pull.

I think he just pulled the cross string super fast once he got it through the grommet.
    This is why I always have my crosses coming out underneath mains loops - the machine pulls slightly downward anyway, and I can make sure I pull slightly downward when getting the cross through.

also, since such interlapping happens in the non-shared holes areas, there are lot of more string length to pull there while doing top-down vs. bottom-up. so ppl who do top-down should pay more care when pulling strings. esp on string with a rough texture like the Zymaxes.
    At the 4/8 o'clock area, there's less string to pull through when doing top-down - it's already in the frame by then. But, of course, there's more string to pull through the 2/10 holes (but most rackets don't have mains loops up there).

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    At the 4/8 o'clock area, there's less string to pull through when doing top-down - it's already in the frame by then. But, of course, there's more string to pull through the 2/10 holes (but most rackets don't have mains loops up there).
    isn't it the reverse?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    isn't it the reverse?
    Going top-down, most of the string is already in the frame by the time we get to the A12-A8 area, and that's where the only mains loops are (on an OSP, that is).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by conosen View Post
    Ok its not a shared hole but covered . This guy uses something really sharp to get into those holes. You can also see in the top-right corner of the picture, the string on another hole is also damaged.

If the string breaks at those points I would claim back my money.
    well spotted! There are actually 6 such nicks in my strings, all around 5-ish and 7-ish o clock, and all located over a hole.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2