Mixed Racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Boggieeiggob, May 6, 2013.

1. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

I'm a mixed doubles player (a guy) although I'm not that strong on the attack, and everyone at the juniors club who plays mixed with me isn't hugely great (including myself), so I tend to try and cover my teammate if they're not standing in the right spot.
    What I'm really asking for is a racquet recommendation of one that's a forgiving racquet (so not overly head heavy like N90 or Z force) so it can generate a decent amount of power but is quick enough to defend and play at the net.

If it helps at all, I currently use Li Ning N50II with NS95 at 28lbs in matches and games and a fake Voltric 80 with BG80 at 26lbs as a training racquet, and SHB F1R as my shoes.

Thanks in advance~

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

budget?

how do you want the racket to be different compared to your n50ii?

3. Boggieeiggob

Roughly around N90II's worth as I'll probably be trading that off soon (assuming I get it).

I suppose something that's a touch lighter so it's quicker to defend but at the same time generates more power so maybe a more flex shaft or something?

4. Boggieeiggob

That's not to say I don't like the N50II though, I'm just seeing what alternatives there are

5. Benito

Benito Regular Member

Maybe Voltric 70 or Li ning N55II. Relatively easy to use with decent power.

6. amleto

amleto Regular Member

In general, you can't get better defence AND more power - they are antitheses. Otherwise there would be one racket - the one with the most power and the best defence...

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i would actually give voltric 70 a try. it's less head heavy, and the shaft is a bit more flexible. whenever i pick it up and wack with it, it's always comfortable to me. flexible and head heavy enough for power, but stiff enough for control. i use it with bg70pro at 25x26.

and when i switch the string to victor vs850 it gives me a tad bit more control on drops shots and net shots.

8. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

When you say you are not very strong in your attack, do you mean you are lacking power in your smashes or just lacking the technique and footwork?
    If it's the former, chances are that your tension is way too high!

9. Boggieeiggob

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! :) I'll see what I can find.
    erm, when I say I suck at attack, I mean I don't know when to drop and when to smash it because my coach is always like "you're a junior, you shouldn't be smashing from the back" but I do feel my smashes are quite slow anyway