User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I do one of my client's Arc FBs at 25/26, and that's two divisions lighter than 5U. The Arc 6 should be fine - I've never seen a racket fold at 25 that wasn't already broken.

(If you need even more assurance, Mogensen plays his Arc FB at 34/36.)
    Thanks. Arc6 seems good. Better price than ArcFb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be technically correct if some one ask you for 24lbs
    you should string at 22.85714286 x 25.14285714 which gives exactly 24lbs average.
    cross is exactly +10% higher than mains.

But if the client dose not know we have to educate him & then string.
    (You see many people do not care enough.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with this. As a user, when I say I want 24lbs, I won't care how you do it, but the end result must be 24lbs. Of course, communication with your stringer is important here.

So 24x26 don't make sense to me.

I brought my Carlton X70 to be strung at 24lbs yesterday, they stringer did a 24x24. The frame became slightly rounded, just a bit shorter. I'm sure it's not the original shape anymore. And I'm sure the resultant tension is higher than 24lbs.

Also yesterday, my SOTX Woven 400 was strung at 22x23. I find the frame shape was still recognisable from its original that I know of. Maybe the strength of the frame is also a factor here ....

But now, after learning much from this forum, I don't think I want an AxA tension anymore.
    Last edited by atypical; 10-04-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aqua26 View Post
    To be technically correct if some one ask you for 24lbs
    you should string at 22.85714286 x 25.14285714 which gives exactly 24lbs average.
    cross is exactly +10% higher than mains.

But if the client dose not know we have to educate him & then string.
    (You see many people do not care enough.)
    But that's the thing - the tensions don't average out.

If you pull the mains to 22 and then the crosses to 22, the mains will have to stretch, but the crosses won't. Thus you end up with 22+/22.

This is why I set the desired tension as my cross tension and remove 1-2 lb for the mains.

5. Likes pcll99, kwun, yan.v liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes - that makes sense and how I explain it to the customer. Bottom line is customer service. Stick with your tensioning standard and adjust accordingly based on customer needs. All machines are different as well as patterns. Some patterns feel tighter than others even at same specific tensions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i just want to point out that, this is not a study to balance a mathematical equation, at least not the way it is being discussed here. there are more variables and assumptions in the system that are being overlooked and ignored.

• firstly, the end result we really want as a stringer is to have a playable string bed. there are stringjobs that leaves the string feel dull and dead, and there are ones who makes it feel lively and repulsive. we want the lively one. even if you measure each string segment tension down to 20 decimal points etc etc but the string bed end up dull, i don't care. i care that the stringjob is lively and playable.
    • secondly, there seems to be an assumption that we want the final result to be main tension = cross tension by somehow compensating with different tension. why? who says main==cross is the gold standard? that sounds great and simple. but the racket is not symmetrical in shape so why must the tension?
    • different machine has different characteristics, different stringer flow also have different characteristics. i happen to have owned the OP's machine before i upgraded. and that machine and my 6004 produces a very different stringjob despite using similar flow. it turned out that on the ASE i can do main=cross and the racket was playable, in the 6004, i am now on cross=main*1.13 or so. different machine supports the racket differently and the end pillars also stretches differently so they must be compensated differently. the only person who know this best should be your stringer and without knowing the stringing machine, it is pointless to discuss how that should be done.

8. Likes mongoose, Dun.C, capser, pcll99, yan.v liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    • different machine has different characteristics, different stringer flow also have different characteristics. i happen to have owned the OP's machine before i upgraded. and that machine and my 6004 produces a very different stringjob despite using similar flow. it turned out that on the ASE i can do main=cross and the racket was playable, in the 6004, i am now on cross=main*1.13 or so. different machine supports the racket differently and the end pillars also stretches differently so they must be compensated differently. the only person who know this best should be your stringer and without knowing the stringing machine, it is pointless to discuss how that should be done.
    Not just this - modding a machine can change its characteristics.

I recently added some overgrip to my shoulder supports - to prevent the rackets turning and to protect their paint jobs - and did a 29/31 on an NR-ZS... it came out of the machine with only a ghost of a touch on the 12/6 supports, whereas without the support padding I would have needed an extra 0.5 lb on the crosses to avoid 12/6 compression.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just want to point out that, this is not a study to balance a mathematical equation, at least not the way it is being discussed here. there are more variables and assumptions in the system that are being overlooked and ignored.

• firstly, the end result we really want as a stringer is to have a playable string bed. there are stringjobs that leaves the string feel dull and dead, and there are ones who makes it feel lively and repulsive. we want the lively one. even if you measure each string segment tension down to 20 decimal points etc etc but the string bed end up dull, i don't care. i care that the stringjob is lively and playable.
    • secondly, there seems to be an assumption that we want the final result to be main tension = cross tension by somehow compensating with different tension. why? who says main==cross is the gold standard? that sounds great and simple. but the racket is not symmetrical in shape so why must the tension?
    totally agree!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a racquet strung at 24/24lbs should have a relative stringbed tension of 24lbs so in theory the same can be said for a racquet strung at 23/25lbs though I could be wrong?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahmed003472 View Post
    a racquet strung at 24/24lbs should have a relative stringbed tension of 24lbs so in theory the same can be said for a racquet strung at 23/25lbs though I could be wrong?
    or do you mean "average" stringbed tension?

average isn't capturing the whole story though. if that's the case, i can string 48lbs main and 0 lbs cross.

the ratio matters. in fact, i think the ratio matters a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True I think ratio is important to consider no point having all the tension on the mains an 0 on the crosses because the frame will snap but putting the math aside I think the feel of the strings is important to consider. if racquet A is strung 24/24 and
    racquet B 23/25 would the stringbed feel the same? Because the total string bed tension in both raquets = 48lbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahmed003472 View Post
    True I think ratio is important to consider no point having all the tension on the mains an 0 on the crosses because the frame will snap but putting the math aside I think the feel of the strings is important to consider. if racquet A is strung 24/24 and
    racquet B 23/25 would the stringbed feel the same? Because the total string bed tension in both raquets = 48lbs
    that was my point, 24/24 and 23/25 won't feel the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would not stringing the cross 2lb over in an isometric racket have a really big detrimental effect?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by erstr View Post
    would not stringing the cross 2lb over in an isometric racket have a really big detrimental effect?
    why would you say that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why would you say that?
    I hear a lot of conflicting opinion where they should cross should be strung 2lb over main in isometric racquets to ensure that the frame lasts longer? In some cases. I'm not sure because I'm a pretty new player and this is the first time I've actually splurged on an actual racquet for improved gameplay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ArcSaber 009DX being strung 24x24

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by erstr View Post
    I hear a lot of conflicting opinion where they should cross should be strung 2lb over main in isometric racquets to ensure that the frame lasts longer? In some cases. I'm not sure because I'm a pretty new player and this is the first time I've actually splurged on an actual racquet for improved gameplay
    please read my post above again:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...52#post2148452

2lbs or even up to 10% isn't a lot of difference. if it means the racket plays better it is more important than anything else.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast