Help me find a Flex shaft/Slightly Head Heavy Racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Jackyradii, May 8, 2013.

1. Jackyradii

Jackyradii New Member

Hello guys, i'm new to the badminton scene and started a few months back at the beginning of 2013. I have since joined my school's badminton team and as you read still in school so I don't have a large budget to work off of. I've advanced quickly or I'd like to think that and I would say that i'm an intermediate player :D.

Right now, i'm on the search for a racket the is slightly head heavy, has a flexible shaft, and light. All the rackets I have used are headlight rackets and I think that a little bit more weight on the head could really improve my swinging power. I can't stand head heavy rackets that are to the extreme, I just want one that is a little bit above a balanced racket so I could still play good defense.

I'm not made of money either so my budget would be anything less than 100 USD, I can push it a little bit if the racket is right though. I was looking at the Victor Meteor X60 because it had all the specifications I needed but noticed its hefty price tag. Help a noobie out? :D

2. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    The best choice would be XP-80 just send Eric a mail: rkeptrading@gmail.com
    You can just pick the specs that fits you, I would sugest something like: Wt: 85 Bp: 298
    It is a racket that is made to be something like the Mx-60, just a little faster because of a little different frame design.

#2 Jacob mm, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  3. Jackyradii

Jackyradii New Member

What do you mean by picking the specs? He custom makes the racket for you?

4. Jackyradii

Jackyradii New Member

Sorry for the double post, I don't know how to edit. What is the average balance point for even weight? If I wanted slightly head heavy how much over the average do I go? for example average is like 1000 then slightly head heavy would be 1050?

5. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
  6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Imo 290mm is average and around 295 is slightly head heavy ... But if you go down in weight, like 85 grams as suggested, you can afford to take a higher bp, like for example the 298 as suggested.

Looking at the list and reading you wanted a light weight in the first place plus not seeing that 298 85gr anywhere :D, that 85gr. 295mm sounds like your pick.

7. Jackyradii

Jackyradii New Member

Do you know if the racket's shaft is more to the flexy side or stiff side?

8. ablesv

ablesv New Member

yeah,i think so,ike for example the 298 as suggested. [​IMG]