User Tag List

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so much more exciting to know that LD is able to participate at least.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I dont think its a good idea to be another Michael Schumacher coming back as a flop. Good for the show but if he looses, he will loose his aura of invincible status which the world over has labled him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunner93 View Post
    Personally I dont think its a good idea to be another Michael Schumacher coming back as a flop. Good for the show but if he looses, he will loose his aura of invincible status which the world over has labled him.
    Lin Dan is not like Michael Schumacher....

I confident he will continue to win world championship as well as super series....

I even think he can get another olympic gold medal in Rio in 2016.... but that's too far ahead perhaps...

a lot can happen between now and 2016..... but the world championship this month should be a cake walk for him.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunner93 View Post
    And your "flop" definition is...?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    Lin Dan is not like Michael Schumacher....

I confident he will continue to win world championship as well as super series....

I even think he can get another olympic gold medal in Rio in 2016.... but that's too far ahead perhaps...

a lot can happen between now and 2016..... but the world championship this month should be a cake walk for him.....
    Cake walk??? In what way??? Let's see... How he does his cake walk>!!!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time flies. The draw has been made on 22 July.

LD is drawn into CL's half. Will LD meet LCW in the final???

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=23535

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two weeks to go for the big game and Lin Dan was (July 21) still busy with off-court festivities

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously his heart and mind aren't wholly on badminton , not even when it's the WC. Can't help it,once he's tasted a new kind of life outside badminton during the six-month break which he said was so beautiful and fulfilling, how can he ever be the same again! Something's got to give and it's his badminton that suffers.

Plainly speaking, that fire,passion and competitive spirit is no more;he's mellowed quite a bit as far as his badminton is concerned, which, as seen recently, is translated into being less solid,consistent and more erratic in his play, certainly nowhere near his best. Still,we may never know once the tournament starts, Lin Dan being Lin Dan.

For me,if he's going to be eliminated in the early rounds,I'd rather he face Lee CW first, not that I want him to give CW the honour but more because I look forward to seeing them clash again which is becoming rare, the more so as time goes by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems there are a few ppl hung up on his current form. The exhibition match looked like LD was pretty confident. Plus, the home ground advantage will help with getting through the initial stages. Its not like he dropped his usual fitness trainings etc. He was leading in both sets.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beware !!
    LD will be in great shape and one of the favourite along with CL to win the WC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by latecomer View Post
    You still believe world is fair, just look at who those pretty girls going out or married with. The bottom line is all world championships need the best, no if and or but. Imagine football(soccer)'s world cup without Brazil. It just doesn't go. A good decision.

Yeah you're right good thing the winner of the world cup doesn't have to qualify for the next one... oh wait....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Beware !!
    LD will be in great shape and one of the favourite along with CL to win the WC.
    Concur with you. LD will not play WC13 unless he is in excellent playing shape to win and LD is in it to win. WC13 is no SS, PSS, etc. As we saw in the 2 previous tourneys, LD would rather WO or withdraw than to lose. I can't see LD let his opponents including CL humiliate him at his wife's home court, there is national pride there.
    Even with the long layoff, to beat LD in a major and playing at home, that is no easy task. I hear forumers saying LD is a spent force, I like to hear what the opponents feel seeing the draw and knowing LD is waiting for them.
    Are they cheering 'yippee ya ya, yippee yippee ya....' and rather 'Oh Sh*t and truckload of that stuff coming down the hill gathering speed and heading their way'.
    Datuk Lee is thankful to let CL have LD to dance with.
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 07-29-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't want to spoil the result of this LD vs WZM preparation match from July 20, but looks like LD needs more preparation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LD looks pretty good for a 'preparation' match despite the long layoff. Far better than LD played after OLY08 when he was totally out of shape and came back to play in that East Badminton thingie and got smacked by that KOR chap Ho Choi Jin.
    WZM and LD look like doing a waltz dance here. Since this prep game, there is still time for LD to fine tune for WC13. From what I see in this prep match, LD is back.
    Wonder why LD played WZM and not CL, or did LD/CL played in any prep match at all? Maybe Dragon is in LD half, so LD has zoomed his laser at CL, since LD knows he has to get through Dragon before facing Datuk, so not to show too much to CL now.
    I pick Datuk to win, just a hunch, no bet on this. If I am CL, I would be concerned and hope some dudes can KO LD early. Who knows, maybe all 3 got KO before the final....again no bet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no 100% for sure way of knowing that LD played 100% v WZM. I'm sure LYB knows this match will find its way to the Malaysian Team especially Tey Seu Bock and LCW. Therefore, I wouldn't put it past LYB to have LD play a different style/level to give a false perception.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know, possibly. But I counted no less than 5 times he was net killed by WZM. And many lifts that were wide or long. If those were intentional, then he has a good future in acting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if asked if this was intentional, he would reply in a typical manners...' wo jue de '. if you speak mandarin you will notice this in every interview. a bit overused.

btw i have a feeling that he wont be as fit to play chenlong in the first round this time. he's to proud to lose in a tense fashion, so he might just make an appearance and take it leisurely. as if he is hall of fame and wouldnt be bothered for another world championship. yea, like a megastar.
    hate him or love him. badminton wise, yes. personalitywise, no. too haolian.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast