LIN DAN got wild card

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by sportstar, May 8, 2013.

1. sportstar

sportstar Regular Member

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    LCW's reaction :eek:

3. jamaljenkins

jamaljenkins Regular Member

Student.
    He was the only one that would get a wild card from previous speculation! Beside, they can't have a World Championship without the previous champion.... The organizers need LD for advertising!

4. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

So that basically means Lin Dan won't come to US Open after all since he doesn't need ranking points? If that's the case, Kwun lied :(

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha
    then why so troublesome to have qualify period and ranking? great fairness here to everyone who work hard throughout the year
    clap clap clap

6. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    You still believe world is fair, just look at who those pretty girls going out or married with. The bottom line is all world championships need the best, no if and or but. Imagine football(soccer)'s world cup without Brazil. It just doesn't go. A good decision.

7. derrickn

derrickn Regular Member

2013 US Open ranking points do not count for this year's World Championships qualification.

8. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    US Open badminton? Never heard of it. You already have US Open in golf and Tennis, wrestlemania, Daytona 500, UFC and most of the big Boxing matches, etc. Don't be too greedy, Leave Lin Dan for us. Tough Luck.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hooray! Excellent news, a wise decision by BWF who together with the tournament organizer and esp the sponsors (must be them) have the most to gain for the greater good of the sport. Yeah, can't imagine the world championship without Lin Dan,the defending champion, whose participation will lend credence to the title and should do the eventual winner proud whoever he is whether he gets to play him or not. Frankly, I really don't expect Lin Dan to retain his title in view of his current form, the worse he's ever been in.

I think there's still a high possibility Lin Dan may play in the US Open, if only to sharpen his competitiveness towards the world championship and perhaps bring his family there for a holiday. Remember he has said before that from thenceforth after the London Olympics, he's going to integrate his badminton career with his family who would be attending most of his tournaments,particularly the big ones; like he's said time and again, from now on his family comes first.

10. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Li YB is just Li YB, isn't he?.

He has the option to select LD and Chen L for the WC and decided not to thus forced upon BWF to use their wild card with China now ended up with 4 MS represented in home soil.

I think we should close the poll re LCW to win or not, hardly any point really.

#10 AlanY, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so u tolerance with unfairness?:rolleyes:
    but not me.;)

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

At the end of the day, this is good news - for LCW as well.

Lets face it, if Lin Dan didn't compete, and LCW won, then some would say it was because Lin Dan wasn't there. This is LCW's 2nd best shot at a World Championship (after Paris) it has to be said that if he doesn't manage it this time round, then for me, I can't see him ever winning it.

13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

this is exactly the purpose of the wild card(s), to make sure the appearance of the main star attraction either didn't qualified due to injuries (most cases) or wouldn't be bother, like LD by taking a long break of competition.

14. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

but, do you think LCW wanted LD to be in or not?
    i would say not, as you said it is his last chance saloon.

#14 AlanY, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I would guess not, I don't think anyone wants to play Chinese players especially in their own backyard and of all people, Lin Dan. It's just another thing that LCW will have to worry about. In my opinion, Chen Long has LCW worked out now, it's just a case as to whether or not he will choke in front of his home crowd.

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, thanks to his extraordinary achievement as BWF COM main consideration to award wild card.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It all now depends on Lee CW, whether he can take it, i.e. Lin Dan's wild card entry, in the right attitude and spirit. On a positive note, Lee CW might view it as a challenge to spur him on, dig his heels in the next three months training harder than ever with grim determination for what is possibly his last chance at the world title. I'm pretty sure he's fully aware time is not on his side and that this August's WC offers him perhaps the best prospects, what with Lin Dan's off-peak form and Chen Long not yet too strong for him (it's also less likely for CL to beat him three times in a row but let's not overlook other contenders and dark horse). I always believe life is unpredictable, anything to do with human affairs are hard to prognosticate, the best of plans can go awry, and suchlike.

Whatever it is, Lin Dan's participation should make the world championship complete and no-one can take anything away from the eventual winner ( for Lin Dan not being at his best is his own problem). I guess the wild card grant by BWF is, I suspect, the outcome of pressure by the big-time sponsors whom BWF are unwilling to offend, considering that Thomas Lund has previously openly rebuffed CBA's request.

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    So, what will be his seeding? That will be interesting.

20. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Come on, why not give the final to Chen Long Vs Lee Chong wei