Wilson rackets manufacturer?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Pekka, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Pekka

Pekka Guest

Howdi
    Couple of days ago I sent a request to Wilson's product support if they could send me a product catalog of their badminton rackets. I got this reply:

"We contract with General Sportcraft to manufacture and market this particular product. For assistance, please direct your correspondence to our licensee at drossi@sportcraft.com and they will happy to help you."

??? Does this mean that Wilson rackets are manufactured by General Sportcraft? And e.g. tennis rackets are manufactured somewhere else? Does anyone have information about this issue?

2. Brett

Brett Regular Member

Well, those who thought Wilson badminton racquets were suspect in quality may have some validity to their opinions. I'm not positive if the manufacturer is the same, but the only Sportcraft I have heard of in the US manufactures cheap badminton/volleyball sets with all steel racquets, starting at about $30.

3. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    Whats General Sportcraft?
    is this a good thing or bad thing?
    some of the hypercarbons seem pretty interesting, wondering if they are any good.

4. Pekka

Pekka Guest

See --> http://www.sportcraft.com

5. Pekka

Pekka Guest

Re: And the story continues....

I got the following mail from Sportcraft:
    "I am sorry to disappoint you, but we have the Wilson brand license for North
    America only."
    They directed me back to Wilson/US, from where I got this:
    "We do not sell badminton here in the states. You would have to contact our office in Finland or Germany for that information."

Boy, I'm confused. Whatever, I'm still investigating. I'll keep you in touch.