User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are 5lbs dumbbells useful?

Recently I discovered a pair of 5lbs dumbbells in my house. I know they're pretty light and even for a slim guy like me, I don't feel like it's going to give me much of a workout or maybe it will? Yet, I'm thinking that just because it's light doesn't mean it's useless. What do you guys think? Are there any exercises that I can do to make good use of the 5lbs dumbbells? They're light enough that I can easily transport it to another location and do light workouts such as work or relatives' place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its useless you better get a pair at 20lbs and then do less per set.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob mm View Post
    I think its useless you better get a pair at 20lbs and then do less per set.
    I only have 1 20lb dumbbells. I should have bought a pair at that time, but it was more of an impulsive purchase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Recently I discovered a pair of 5lbs dumbbells in my house. I know they're pretty light and even for a slim guy like me, I don't feel like it's going to give me much of a workout or maybe it will? Yet, I'm thinking that just because it's light doesn't mean it's useless. What do you guys think? Are there any exercises that I can do to make good use of the 5lbs dumbbells? They're light enough that I can easily transport it to another location and do light workouts such as work or relatives' place.
    Do not dismiss them because they're 5lbs. You can use them for a variety of workout. When I was doing my NS the rifle was also our "dumbbell" and it work. A variety of exercise was specially taliored for use with a rifle and it work those muscle groups that you never guess was important nor that a rifle can be use as like that.

It was an eye opener.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvoCopter View Post
    Do not dismiss them because they're 5lbs. You can use them for a variety of workout. When I was doing my NS the rifle was also our "dumbbell" and it work. A variety of exercise was specially taliored for use with a rifle and it work those muscle groups that you never guess was important nor that a rifle can be use as like that.

It was an eye opener.
    Which muscle groups will benefit from those 5lbs dumbbells exercises?