User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 26 of 26
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Attachment 142034

    From a manual.
    just tried that... neither side will turn!

  2. #19
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,280
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Try turning the hex bolt before the "normal" bolt. You're lossening one while tightening the other, so they might not move if you try to do both at the same time.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Try turning the hex bolt before the "normal" bolt. You're lossening one while tightening the other, so they might not move if you try to do both at the same time.
    Ok I'll give that a go

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Try turning the hex bolt before the "normal" bolt. You're lossening one while tightening the other, so they might not move if you try to do both at the same time.

    Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  36.4 KB

    which bolt on this side should i be turning? the instructions you sent say hex bolt but the other one is in line with the bolt on the other side..... neither want to turn anyway

  5. #22
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,280
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah - mine had a normal bolt on that side.

    Loosen the bolt on the same side as the locking lever, while keeping the other one still. Once the first one is loose, tighten the second one very slightly, then tighten the first one all the way while keeping the second one in its new position.

    You'll see some brake pads inside - one stays still, and the other is actuated by the locking lever. You're trying to close the gap between the moving pad and the brake disc.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Ah - mine had a normal bolt on that side.

    Loosen the bolt on the same side as the locking lever, while keeping the other one still. Once the first one is loose, tighten the second one very slightly, then tighten the first one all the way while keeping the second one in its new position.

    You'll see some brake pads inside - one stays still, and the other is actuated by the locking lever. You're trying to close the gap between the moving pad and the brake disc.
    no matter what I do, nothing will turn......

  7. #24
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,280
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The screw(s) might be Loctited in. It certainly should be turning... it's a user-serviceable part!

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    The screw(s) might be Loctited in. It certainly should be turning... it's a user-serviceable part!
    After leaving it for a while I decided to have another go.... A little difficult but it turns and now it's almost silent!! I can now string without getting a headache! Thanks

  9. #26
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,280
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The balance between free movement and minimal locking arm travel is a difficult one to strike - props if you managed it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •