User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@MjölnirSlinger

What she says is true.

Manuals generally are 2 lbs less than ECP.

Your racket was probably previously strung manually and she just wanted to make sure to give you a tension that is the same with no surprises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to set your own expectation of your level of play.

You also have to know who is the regular stringer. Also in the long run and not changing their staff regularly.

You also need to test out a few stringers and test your preferred tension.

Go explore and you will find one. Yoda.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    @MjölnirSlinger

What she says is true.

Manuals generally are 2 lbs less than ECP.

Your racket was probably previously strung manually and she just wanted to make sure to give you a tension that is the same with no surprises.
    Dumbstrucked!!
    My racket was initially manual-strung is correct..
    So.. You're saying there are 2 types of tensions? One, is manually tensioned and 2nd is ECP-ly tensioned..,

Please forgive my stupidity/ignorance because this is the 1st time i hear this. (from the lady)
    So.. From my understanding, let's say, for example, there are 2 exact same rackets strung with 22lbs,
    the only difference is 1 is manually and the other is by ECP..
    2 similar rackets with the same tension but actually are not exactly the same because the way it were strung..?
    Emmm.. If it's ok with you, could you elaborate more? Or perhaps it would be a great pleasure if someone/anyone be kind enough to direct me to any links which can explain more on this matter..
    Appreciate the help and thank you..

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MjölnirSlinger View Post
    Dumbstrucked!!
    My racket was initially manual-strung is correct..
    So.. You're saying there are 2 types of tensions? One, is manually tensioned and 2nd is ECP-ly tensioned..,

Please forgive my stupidity/ignorance because this is the 1st time i hear this. (from the lady)
    So.. From my understanding, let's say, for example, there are 2 exact same rackets strung with 22lbs,
    the only difference is 1 is manually and the other is by ECP..
    2 similar rackets with the same tension but actually are not exactly the same because the way it were strung..?
    Emmm.. If it's ok with you, could you elaborate more? Or perhaps it would be a great pleasure if someone/anyone be kind enough to direct me to any links which can explain more on this matter..
    Appreciate the help and thank you..
    Put briefly, a manual machine stops when it reaches the desired tension, but an ECP machine keeps pulling.

Pull a piece of chewing gum apart and stop your hands suddenly - the strand of gum sags in the middle; the same thing happens with strings in a manual machine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Put briefly, a manual machine stops when it reaches the desired tension, but an ECP machine keeps pulling.

Pull a piece of chewing gum apart and stop your hands suddenly - the strand of gum sags in the middle; the same thing happens with strings in a manual machine.
    Thanks Mark..
    Finally got it through here;
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...chine-with-ECP

By the way, love that "chewing gum" thingy thing.. =)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the feeling that my new ArcSaber FB isn't strung very well. I notice how the strings shifts a bit so that it's no longer straight after playing a game. I'm not sure if that properly conveys the issue that I'm facing. My Adidas Duoforce's strings stays more consistent regardless of the number of games that I play. Is this normal?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No other comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the string shifts a bit after a few games, it is still alright. However, if it shifts everytime you hit the shuttle, i recommend that you find a new stringer. What strings are you using anyway?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    I have the feeling that my new ArcSaber FB isn't strung very well. I notice how the strings shifts a bit so that it's no longer straight after playing a game. I'm not sure if that properly conveys the issue that I'm facing. My Adidas Duoforce's strings stays more consistent regardless of the number of games that I play. Is this normal?
    Depends on the string and tension.

All strings move around a lot, but some come back to their position better than others. Rougher strings can't go back to their position by themself because of the higher amount of friction.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NeverWalkAlone View Post
    If the string shifts a bit after a few games, it is still alright. However, if it shifts everytime you hit the shuttle, i recommend that you find a new stringer. What strings are you using anyway?
    ZM65 and it shifts a bit after every game. It rarely shifts with my Duoforce and it's done by the same stringer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yan.v View Post
    Depends on the string and tension.

All strings move around a lot, but some come back to their position better than others. Rougher strings can't go back to their position by themself because of the higher amount of friction.
    It's ZM65 and I don't notice much if any string movements on my Duoforce. It's also strung by the same guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New strings will move around more than old strings since they havn't had time to notch into each other, and lower tensions will be more so. Perfectly normal, just straighten them out after each point, especially if you slice a lot.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are the stringbed frequencies similar, or is the FB lower... because it's been more used and strung longer while ago.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    You'll see pros straightening strings during games, and their rackets have usually come right off the machine.

As the strings bite into each other, you won't be straightening them as much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    You'll see pros straightening strings during games, and their rackets have usually come right off the machine.

As the strings bite into each other, you won't be straightening them as much.
    Sgt_Strider has been playing quite a number of games. The strings should sink in by now.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Zymax strings don't notch so easily ime. Most likely his FB has lost some tension with playtime so it'll move more easily.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _Rav_ View Post
    New strings will move around more than old strings since they havn't had time to notch into each other, and lower tensions will be more so. Perfectly normal, just straighten them out after each point, especially if you slice a lot.
    Again, I didn't notice that with my Duoforce. Even after 10 hours of play, the strings move on my Arc FB. I can't quite figure out why. I'm getting suspicious of the fact that he may have done a bad job with this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast