Stringing Cracked Nanoray 700 fx

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by gnoils, May 18, 2013.

1. gnoils

gnoils Regular Member

Hi BCers,

I need some advice about restringing this racket. It has hairline crack at the inside of the racket and the grommet hole has partially collapsed as pictured below. The outer side of the frame seems to be ok.

I didn't notice the crack until I actually cut the old strings. I have let the owner know about the crack and the collapsed grommet hole. He wants it to be strung @ 24lbs.

What are your thoughts?

photo.jpg

Regards,
    Sy

2. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

looking bad

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I wouldn't.

4. mvdzwaan

mvdzwaan Regular Member

Just discuss this with the owner. Tell him the chances of breaking the racket while stringing or shortly after are very high. Agree on what he should pay you if it breaks (you've lost time and a string)...

It's a very strange crack because of the direction of the crack. Does it make any noise when putting a little bit of stress on the frame ?

You could consider switching the used tubes for the mains/cross but this will be visible and the strings will not be uniform (mostly visible on the crosses I think). I doubt it will help, but it will change the stress on the problematic grommet.