User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Good post. Depending on how long you've been playing for, you might actually want to try out a lighter racket some time. I did (having started with the Li Ning N70 and N90, changing to the Victor Bravesword 09) and it certainly helped me improve - not only did I get faster defensively and around the net, the initial drop in power forced me to pay closer attention to how I hit my smashes and I'd like to think they improved quite a bit as a result.
    Thanks for your advice. To be perfectly honest though, I think I am ok I do not struggle in defence, and I have more than enough power for my needs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slightly disappointed that this topic is drawing to an end... It seems the hypothesis changed from "beginners have it correct by using panhandle because professionals are using outdated technique, and hence use high tension to 'compensate' for 'old' technique" (from the first post) and turned into "I wonder what the difference is between a low tension and high tension racket with different weights". Oh well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSeeley View Post
    Slightly disappointed that this topic is drawing to an end... It seems the hypothesis changed from "beginners have it correct by using panhandle because professionals are using outdated technique, and hence use high tension to 'compensate' for 'old' technique" (from the first post) and turned into "I wonder what the difference is between a low tension and high tension racket with different weights". Oh well.
    Please don't be disappointed. you can continue your topic discussion if you like only I may not be involved any further.

by the way somewhere along the line you (and many others) started to mix "panahandle grip" in this topic discussion which is not primary focus (at best got refer as "secondary data input" point in this topic .. understand the difference).

** Please read OP post, Thread topic name and later on plain english hypothesis given (as if point blank question was not good enough to understand) which is very consistant. **

Basic grip discussion and Panhandle grip discussion is NOT Mutully exclusive (either OR state).

SZ

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSeeley View Post
    Thanks for your advice. To be perfectly honest though, I think I am ok I do not struggle in defence, and I have more than enough power for my needs
    Alright then
    I was thinking the same about myself, but was surprised by how much better my defense could be (never actually perceived myself to be struggling before) and how much I needed to work on my smashing technique (had decent power before, but was kind of brute-forcing it which doesn't work with lighter rackets ). On the other hand that was like 1,5-2 years ago and I've improved dramatically since then - in pretty much all aspects. So maybe it wasn't just the racket change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superzoom View Post
    A little bit digression from Topic but here is quick answer.
    I don't use Basic grip at all as I think using "narrower parallel side (1)" of badminton racket octogone is not efficient way of energy transfer or control.
    I use Panhandle grip "using Wider parallel side (3)" of badminton racket octogone.
    I use "modified bevel grip (if i may call it)" but bringing in thump on lower wide parallet side for backhand overhead.
    the racket grip moves between (minor adjustments) this two grips based on my "feel while hitting shuttle"
    so I also changed grip but it's more in Panhandle grip base changed.
    now back to topic discussion. A-1 to A-6 is given any enlightment of this anamoly is welcome
    @#17 - Read A-1 to A-6 and previous post carefully. The so called "Max Power" person could afford to go for more heavier racket to get more power .. that is the point because u know what he has "more power to swing heavy heavy racket".
    1) It's like 4U Racket at 34 lb tension for matching with "Very HIGH Swing Speed"
    OR

2) 3U Racket at 26 lb tension with "High Swing speed"

Which one will generate more Power (assuming all other parameters are SAME .. ie same player / Same Skills / same body strength etc) ?

SZ
    Just come to Vancouver, play me a game of badminton, singles or doubles. Get owned and stop making stupid threads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The meaning of Power of a shuttle , is it how far it goes or how fast it goes ? I think this is something that make this conversation so confusing. Also , at what range of speed you are comparing in the first place. I think you have to set a certain speed that you want to produce in the first place if you really want to compare the tension. Or maybe we should go and ask Lin Dan what tension he use...haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3