yonexfanatic

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by yonexfanatic, Nov 23, 2003.

1. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

How's it going?

I am yonexfanatic.

Badminton Skill: You could probably define my skills being slightly above the "intermediate level."

History:

I started badminton when I was 13 years old. To be honest, I disliked the sport at first; reason was because I was no good at it. A few months after training with a coach, I got the hang of the game (rules and basic strokes) and started to really enjoy playing. At this time, I was playing quite often for someone with my skill level; say 3-4 times a week (this included training). As the months passed, I started playing more often, almost all 7 days a week (two days devoted to training sessions). Tournaments were later introduced into my badminton schedule. But because I wasn't too good and my confidence wasn't all there, I probably only played 1 or 2 max in the season.

Fast forward a year and half later. My dad felt that I was good enough to move onto "higher level" training. I switched coaches and started to train at a private club. The players there were highly devoted to the game and the level of skill was also noticably higher. My dad and I both knew that by playing with this "new" group, I'd be able to get better in skill and gain a ton of experience. At this new level, I started to play many more tournaments. At first, the lack of experience showed; I lost a lot and wasn't a happy camper. But as the tournaments came and went, I began to get better with training and the results were better. I actually started to win.

Currently I still train at the same place. I realize that this might be my last year because of the fact that I'll be in post-secondary education next year; simply won't have that much time. I feel that I'm quite into the game (you could say I'm really hooked) but I'm still working on my consistency and skill level.

BC/BF/BR:

I found out about these sites just over a year ago. Can't say enough about them, they're awesome! Many thanks to kwun, Cheung, and Mag for keeping the forum organized. For my part, I've submitted a few product reviews now and then and I've tried to share my badminton knowledge on the forum.

Other Stuff:

I play a ton of badminton, more badminton, and did I say badminton?:p But seriously, I too am also a badminton fanatic. Outside of badminton, I usually spend time on the computer doing html websites, gaming, and what the usual computer nerd does:cool: . There's more to list, but it's all clumped in the group: "chilling with friends."

By the way, I have a badminton website and I encourage you to visit it.
    http://www.badmintonbasic.tk

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    No wonder your a Fanatic :) Should call you Badminatic.

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Heh! No need to wonder with a moniker like that:D The sport is in his blood!

4. yonexfanatic

too bad i'm not half as good as what you say about me being the "fanatic" that you say i am:D

5. yonexfanatic

Nickname:

I forgot to put this in ealier, but here goes if anyone cares to know. Why "yonexfanatic?" Well at the time, I was quite the Yonex buff; sure I was interested into other brands, heck I was using a Yang Yang at the time. I'll admit that I don't even own a single piece of yonex clothing :rolleyes:. I guess it's the fact that Yonex is a big name that I decided to create the nickname I use today. Don't get me wrong though, I'm a big fan of other brands if they suit my preferences in quality and performance.