User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 42

Thread: cappy75

  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,511
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nah, no need for extravangance! Just a bottle of water, a backpack to carry it and lots of blind faith. Heck! I didn't even drink until I reached the top. However, it's kinda scary at the top where you're almost face to face with sheer rockcliffs. Every step has to be a sure one, cuz it's a long way down.

    Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    I will carry all your stuff, water, powerbar, snacks, change of shirt everything. On the gondola.

    No way am I trekking up The Slopes of Hell, or commonly known as Grouse Grind, on foot!

    Did I mention I'm not the sporty type?

    -dave

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Nah, no need for extravangance! Just a bottle of water, a backpack to carry it and lots of blind faith. Heck! I didn't even drink until I reached the top. However, it's kinda scary at the top where you're almost face to face with sheer rockcliffs. Every step has to be a sure one, cuz it's a long way down.
    Hey Ming,
    If you can get Dave to go, I will join you guys. Between old age and leg cramps, you may have to carry me, please allow 4 hours for me to get to the top!
    Can you speak Hakka Ming?
    Dave;
    This is a challenge to you, gonna climb GG! Don't forget, I am 49 he!he!

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "If you can get Dave to go ...." BWAHAHAHAAAHAHAHA ... no.

    "...is a challenge ..." - I concede I lose the challenge. BTC, you're 49 on paper, 22 in physique, 18 at heart.

    I'll be your guide. Point straight up and say "There's where you have to go," then I'll hop on the gondola with everyone's gear.

    -dave

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Way to go Dave !

    Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    "If you can get Dave to go ...." BWAHAHAHAAAHAHAHA ... no.

    "...is a challenge ..." - I concede I lose the challenge. BTC, you're 49 on paper, 22 in physique, 18 at heart.

    I'll be your guide. Point straight up and say "There's where you have to go," then I'll hop on the gondola with everyone's gear.

    -dave

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up

    okie 604badder, shall we setup in advance. How's this weekend? What about Cappy? Can you make it?

    Quote Originally Posted by 604badder
    Hey PeteLSD, I go Saturday mornings anyways regularly..... it'll be great to get a group together to go. But Sunday, boy, those of us who go to the Collingwood session after will be completely drained by 3pm...yikes!

    Way to go Cappy on the GG!!

    Umm...welcome to...umm...*scratch head* *stare at the number of previous posts* ..... to BF?? hahahah

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cappy,

    We get to go home early on Sat evening. Drinks and meals at 3:00 + AM is insane!!! Let's do GG this Saturday morning, baddie from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM and baddie at Collingwood on Sunday.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,511
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey BTC2004,

    Yes, getting Dave to move up the mountain will be quite the task!
    Unfortunately not, it's either Cantonese or English at home.

    Quote Originally Posted by BTC2004
    Hey Ming,
    If you can get Dave to go, I will join you guys. Between old age and leg cramps, you may have to carry me, please allow 4 hours for me to get to the top!
    Can you speak Hakka Ming?
    Dave;
    This is a challenge to you, gonna climb GG! Don't forget, I am 49 he!he!

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,511
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Where's sleep scheduled between these activities? Nah, Peter... GG will always be there to be climbed. I am definitely in no hurry to go up there again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Cappy,

    We get to go home early on Sat evening. Drinks and meals at 3:00 + AM is insane!!! Let's do GG this Saturday morning, baddie from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM and baddie at Collingwood on Sunday.

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC - Kirkland WA
    Posts
    654
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sure, let's go this weekend. What time would you guys like to go? I think the insane 7am starts (so I can get the free parking) might not suit everyone. Why don't you an Cappy settle on a time and we'll go from there.



    Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    okie 604badder, shall we setup in advance. How's this weekend? What about Cappy? Can you make it?

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    7 AM is excellent!!! Go early and come back early. I just had it with getting home at 5 AM - the birds are chirping at that time . We should car pool on Sat.


    Quote Originally Posted by 604badder
    Sure, let's go this weekend. What time would you guys like to go? I think the insane 7am starts (so I can get the free parking) might not suit everyone. Why don't you an Cappy settle on a time and we'll go from there.

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,511
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh my gosh ! You guys are really serious, eh?! Damn... count me in too! So 605badder, you wanna join us Saturday evening at VRC before Grouse Grind hike? BTW, Timeless just told me that the VRC friendlies will be in progress throughout this weekend, so we might not be able to play. How about next Sat.?

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Dave

    Wood-22-Chuck must join us as an observer at the peak and take pictures once we reach the top.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Absolutely. What a great idea!

    As I look out my window, I think I can spy Grouse Mountain in the distance. When you get to the top, give me call on my cell, and I'll snap a picture from over here.

    I'll see if this 12X digital zoom that Canon is tauting about can capture a speck of you guys from 30 km out.

    -dave

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    What a great idea! But you will miss the party

    Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    Absolutely. What a great idea!

    As I look out my window, I think I can spy Grouse Mountain in the distance. When you get to the top, give me call on my cell, and I'll snap a picture from over here.

    I'll see if this 12X digital zoom that Canon is tauting about can capture a speck of you guys from 30 km out.

    -dave
    Last edited by Pete LSD; 06-04-2004 at 01:13 AM.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Vancouver BC - Kirkland WA
    Posts
    654
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry to be a party pooper guys, but as the day progressed after I wrote the message this afternoon, my cold's been getting worse and worse. *sniff*....*sniif*.... I think this Saturday might be out for me. This all started after that crazy session last Friday, and then playing again Sunday. Ever since Monday I've been having a bit of a dry throat, and now I think I'm having a full blown cold.

    Count me in for next Sat. though if this becomes a regular thing!

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You guys are just plain NUTS . If I had that much energy to waste trekking up a mountain, I'd rather use for footwork training on the court. Luckily I don't have energy for either heheh .

    BTW, as Cappy mentioned, there's a tournament this weekend at VRC, but on Saturday they usually wrap it up around 6PM so all the Saturday night regulars can still play as usual.

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,511
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Pics from my excursion to Kitsilano Beach in Vancouver

    My new hometown -- VANCOUVER!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •