User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: cappy75

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, no need for extravangance! Just a bottle of water, a backpack to carry it and lots of blind faith. Heck! I didn't even drink until I reached the top. However, it's kinda scary at the top where you're almost face to face with sheer rockcliffs. Every step has to be a sure one, cuz it's a long way down.

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    I will carry all your stuff, water, powerbar, snacks, change of shirt everything. On the gondola.

No way am I trekking up The Slopes of Hell, or commonly known as Grouse Grind, on foot!

Did I mention I'm not the sporty type?

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Nah, no need for extravangance! Just a bottle of water, a backpack to carry it and lots of blind faith. Heck! I didn't even drink until I reached the top. However, it's kinda scary at the top where you're almost face to face with sheer rockcliffs. Every step has to be a sure one, cuz it's a long way down.
    Hey Ming,
    If you can get Dave to go, I will join you guys. Between old age and leg cramps, you may have to carry me, please allow 4 hours for me to get to the top!
    Can you speak Hakka Ming?
    Dave;
    This is a challenge to you, gonna climb GG! Don't forget, I am 49 he!he!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"If you can get Dave to go ...." BWAHAHAHAAAHAHAHA ... no.

"...is a challenge ..." - I concede I lose the challenge. BTC, you're 49 on paper, 22 in physique, 18 at heart.

I'll be your guide. Point straight up and say "There's where you have to go," then I'll hop on the gondola with everyone's gear.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Way to go Dave !

"If you can get Dave to go ...." BWAHAHAHAAAHAHAHA ... no.

"...is a challenge ..." - I concede I lose the challenge. BTC, you're 49 on paper, 22 in physique, 18 at heart.

I'll be your guide. Point straight up and say "There's where you have to go," then I'll hop on the gondola with everyone's gear.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

okie 604badder, shall we setup in advance. How's this weekend? What about Cappy? Can you make it?

Quote Originally Posted by 604badder
    Hey PeteLSD, I go Saturday mornings anyways regularly..... it'll be great to get a group together to go. But Sunday, boy, those of us who go to the Collingwood session after will be completely drained by 3pm...yikes!

Way to go Cappy on the GG!!

Umm...welcome to...umm...*scratch head* *stare at the number of previous posts* ..... to BF?? hahahah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cappy,

We get to go home early on Sat evening. Drinks and meals at 3:00 + AM is insane!!! Let's do GG this Saturday morning, baddie from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM and baddie at Collingwood on Sunday.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey BTC2004,

Yes, getting Dave to move up the mountain will be quite the task!
    Unfortunately not, it's either Cantonese or English at home.

Quote Originally Posted by BTC2004
    Hey Ming,
    If you can get Dave to go, I will join you guys. Between old age and leg cramps, you may have to carry me, please allow 4 hours for me to get to the top!
    Can you speak Hakka Ming?
    Dave;
    This is a challenge to you, gonna climb GG! Don't forget, I am 49 he!he!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's sleep scheduled between these activities? Nah, Peter... GG will always be there to be climbed. I am definitely in no hurry to go up there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    Cappy,

We get to go home early on Sat evening. Drinks and meals at 3:00 + AM is insane!!! Let's do GG this Saturday morning, baddie from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM and baddie at Collingwood on Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, let's go this weekend. What time would you guys like to go? I think the insane 7am starts (so I can get the free parking) might not suit everyone. Why don't you an Cappy settle on a time and we'll go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    okie 604badder, shall we setup in advance. How's this weekend? What about Cappy? Can you make it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

7 AM is excellent!!! Go early and come back early. I just had it with getting home at 5 AM - the birds are chirping at that time . We should car pool on Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by 604badder
    Sure, let's go this weekend. What time would you guys like to go? I think the insane 7am starts (so I can get the free parking) might not suit everyone. Why don't you an Cappy settle on a time and we'll go from there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my gosh ! You guys are really serious, eh?! Damn... count me in too! So 605badder, you wanna join us Saturday evening at VRC before Grouse Grind hike? BTW, Timeless just told me that the VRC friendlies will be in progress throughout this weekend, so we might not be able to play. How about next Sat.?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Dave

Wood-22-Chuck must join us as an observer at the peak and take pictures once we reach the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely. What a great idea!

As I look out my window, I think I can spy Grouse Mountain in the distance. When you get to the top, give me call on my cell, and I'll snap a picture from over here.

I'll see if this 12X digital zoom that Canon is tauting about can capture a speck of you guys from 30 km out.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What a great idea! But you will miss the party

Absolutely. What a great idea!

As I look out my window, I think I can spy Grouse Mountain in the distance. When you get to the top, give me call on my cell, and I'll snap a picture from over here.

I'll see if this 12X digital zoom that Canon is tauting about can capture a speck of you guys from 30 km out.

-dave
    Last edited by Pete LSD; 06-04-2004 at 01:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to be a party pooper guys, but as the day progressed after I wrote the message this afternoon, my cold's been getting worse and worse. *sniff*....*sniif*.... I think this Saturday might be out for me. This all started after that crazy session last Friday, and then playing again Sunday. Ever since Monday I've been having a bit of a dry throat, and now I think I'm having a full blown cold.

Count me in for next Sat. though if this becomes a regular thing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are just plain NUTS . If I had that much energy to waste trekking up a mountain, I'd rather use for footwork training on the court. Luckily I don't have energy for either heheh .

BTW, as Cappy mentioned, there's a tournament this weekend at VRC, but on Saturday they usually wrap it up around 6PM so all the Saturday night regulars can still play as usual.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pics from my excursion to Kitsilano Beach in Vancouver

My new hometown -- VANCOUVER!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast