User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    what about putting the rackets on the floor (near the box)? is that allowed?

i think i seen it in both MD and XD in the past, but not recently.
    no, whenever you have boxes, no one is allowed to put racket/towel/drink on the floor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvoCopter View Post
    You're correct. There was some major events previously that the umpire allow it. This Sudirman event is very strict on service too and many top players have been faulted several times. Also, high speed cameras are in use for instant replay for disputed line calls.
    your "previously matches" should be quite sometime ago not started from this Sudirman.
    Keeping court neat and tidy is always a to-do list for organizer/umpire.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're correct. There was some major events previously that the umpire allow it. This Sudirman event is very strict on service too and many top players have been faulted several times. Also, high speed cameras are in use for instant replay for disputed line calls.
    Yeah, I would suspect that TV courts would have the instant replay system? In Jan O' Jorgensen vs. Kenichi Tago, there were a few line calls that some players were really displeased about, especially one near the end that seemed pretty obvious it was out and Tago was upset, but I did not see any challenges and was wondering why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaoQingWang View Post
    your "previously matches" should be quite sometime ago not started from this Sudirman.
    Keeping court neat and tidy is always a to-do list for organizer/umpire.
    Yes, we're aware it didn't start from Sudirman Cup. Purely from a player perspective, I want to be able to reach my spare racket quickly and along courtside was the choice. However, times have change and the paying audience, be it live or those at home over TV seems a priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CantSmashThis View Post
    Yeah, I would suspect that TV courts would have the instant replay system? In Jan O' Jorgensen vs. Kenichi Tago, there were a few line calls that some players were really displeased about, especially one near the end that seemed pretty obvious it was out and Tago was upset, but I did not see any challenges and was wondering why.
    I think you're allow two challenges and unless you're certain would you want to seek justification. As a player we are always aware that unless we are certain that shot is out we have to take it regardless.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

there was instant video replay on the lines, but didn't see any of it being used by the umpire nor the players to correct some obviously wrong line calls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    there was instant video replay on the lines, but didn't see any of it being used by the umpire nor the players to correct some obviously wrong line calls
    I believe you've to raise your hand immediately and call challenge against what you believe to be a wrong call by the line judge and the empire will than replay and review. Given that you're allow two challenges, I think most players would not want to bother with it and take the chance with human error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe you've to raise your hand immediately and call challenge against what you believe to be a wrong call by the line judge and the empire will than replay and review. Given that you're allow two challenges, I think most players would not want to bother with it and take the chance with human error.
    Guys, the one showing at the screen is the normal video capture not that replay or challenging that BWF talks about.
    In fact, this Sudirman Cup is a trial only. There is no challenge mechanism at all.
    That is why no one raise the hand or player requesting challenge.
    It is pure on trial not put in use.
    Coming Indonesia Open is the real one.
    But it is only for TV court, which is normally court 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaoQingWang View Post
    Guys, the one showing at the screen is the normal video capture not that replay or challenging that BWF talks about.
    In fact, this Sudirman Cup is a trial only. There is no challenge mechanism at all.
    That is why no one raise the hand or player requesting challenge.
    It is pure on trial not put in use.
    Coming Indonesia Open is the real one.
    But it is only for TV court, which is normally court 1.
    Yes we're aware of that also. Thanks for the post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2