Badminton & When to stop during pregnancy?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by arfandy, May 20, 2013.

1. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Hi everyone, i need some clarification regarding of how safe it is for my wife (3 weeks pregnant) plays badminton.

We play mixed double once a week and just found out about her first pregnancy, my question is when should she temporarily STOP all badminton activities AND when can she resume that activities again? I tried googling about this matter, but mostly found article about "light exercise is still recommended during pregnancy" which i don't know if badminton is categorized as "light exercise".

Thank you for all given advices.

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

First of all , congratulations!

Second of all , the only thing worse than giving medical advice to someone on the Internet is giving medical advice about someone and their fetus!

Lots of pregnant women have strenuous jobs or play vigorous sports for a long way through pregnancy. But anything can happen in a pregnancy. And every woman is different.

So, sure, talk to your doctor/ midwife. But, ultimately, the only right answer to your question will come from you and your wife. :)

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Good standard answer, Fidget! :)

(whew, I can't even begin to imagine the legal implications and repercussions if any complications developed during the pregnancy! ) [​IMG]

4. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

thanks for the advice. haven't gone to doctor yet since it's been only couple weeks but will do soon. hope she'll be okay to play few more months before resting.