Getting a babolat racket!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Huerta, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Huerta

Huerta New Member

student
    hello

my first post here, seeing Pi Hongyan in Taipei Open has made me a big fan of her,
    so I did a search on Babolat, I was able to get satelite comet or pulsar for 2500NT, that is about 75USD. but I wasn't sure which one to get, so I was thinking
    if anyone can give me their opinion on these two racket.

I started playing badminton roughly three years ago, and have been playing constantly ever since, I am currently using a 3u mp77 at bg65 24lb, and I was thinking that maybe I should move on to a heavier racket, but I am not a strong guy
    , I have good footwork compared to my smash, my coach is saying that my overall skills are ok but I need to improve on the "quality of my shots"

considering above, any suggestions for comet or pulsar?
    thx

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. Racket is not going to improve ur shots quality. The more "fit" racket might bring more comfortness as while as save energy / prevent injury.

2. If you are not very strong, why going for a heavier racket? Are u referring to a more "head heavy" (not overall heavy") racket.

3. Pi Hongyan is my favorite as well :D , but I won't just settle down a racket because of the player. A racket fits for her, not necessary fit for you. If possible, try the rackets (borrow from friends, demo in the shop, etc) before throwing in $$$.

4. Several threads in reviews on various of Babolat rackets:

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7740&highlight=babolat+synchro

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8410&highlight=babolat+synchro

There are more threads available, if u do a "search" and type in "babolat comet", "babolat synchro", "babolat pulsar", etc.

3. huijun

huijun Regular Member

engineer
    You get a really good price at NT 2500. I just get the comet at 35%~40% off several monthes ago! Maybe the babolat rackets are more popular after Pi used them in Taipei Open. I have two Comets. Althougt the weight is 92g and the balance point is 302, but the feeling is different from yonex 2U rackets. The feeling of Comet is very light and not so head heavy. About the quality of the shots, you can't get too much benefit from changing to another racket. My opinions about my Comet are light, quick and powerful but the feeling is not as good as my cab 22 and the shaft is too flexible fot me........:)

4. Toaster

Toaster Regular Member

Huerta: where do you play badminton in taiwan? i go back to taiwan from time to time and play some badminton there. but hard to find good players and good courts..