Racket help please

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by zwrokz, May 23, 2013.

1. zwrokz

zwrokz Regular Member

student
    HI,

I am a doubles player, I have a strong smash and I am the Power player on the pair, But I like being on the front court because i am quick, For drives and for killing the shuttle as early as possible. I am looking for a Racket that would be fast to Fit The front court for drives and controls and net kills, and at the same time, would not Lose power from the back court

I am currently playing with Voltric 7, the reason is i find it to be not solid
    I am veering towards the bravesword or meteor series

please help, i am new

I forgot i also play Singles,
    so a racket that would fit for singles and all around and powerful doubles racket

2. stopdrop

stopdrop Regular Member

student
    Get the Mx80

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    bravesword 11, done :)

i am also currently experimenting with lighter rackets as i gain more strength in my swing and i found my nanoray300 a great rackets for both singles and doubles since i also play both.

i also have both bravesword 11 and bravesword 160L and i noticed that the sharp edges of the frame allows you to swing a bit faster, just a tiny bit. the shaft of the bs11 is not as flexible as the nanoray300 so it requires a bit more effort but i can still back hand clear with both rackets. the bs160L is gearing toward female players because of the light weight and flexible shaft characteristics, but i love whipping my racket, so it's a lot of fun to play with. since i'm only playing recreationally now i care less about being accurate and just having fun with the racket.

i say check out the Bravesword series as well as the nanoray300 if you have a chance. :)

#3 gundamzaku, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  4. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Coming from a Vt-7, you probably don't want to get a MX-80 unless you want a super stiff racket.
    You can always try the MX-60/70/JJS, BS-LYD/12 and so on.
    I've owned the Vt-7 in 4U and really liked it. You could also give the Thruster K8000 a shot since it is head heavy as well.

5. zwrokz

zwrokz Regular Member

student
    Thank you so much
    YES! i was looking at the BS11 becas i've read great stuff about it but i fear that i might not be able to get much from it since, SPECS wise, its almost same with Voltric 7, but the difference is 4U and 3U , would you think it has a lot difference ? because Bravesword 11 in the philippines costs 8000 php on stores, which is roughly about 200$

6. zwrokz

zwrokz Regular Member

student
    Thank you also for Commenting,
    I dont mind using a stiff racket, i've used the voltric 80 and the z force as well but the reason why i didnt pursue on continuing with the racket is because i found it slower than my Voltric 7, but heck it was really powerful,

I wanted to get a racket which can be fast and good at the front court and powerful in the back court, im not that good thouh

7. zwrokz

zwrokz Regular Member

student
    Yes i might, thank you so much,
    have you tried the mx 80 before

8. heeroyuy

heeroyuy Regular Member

Hi Zwrokz,

Since you are using VT7 and found that VT80 and VTZF to be slower, it's probably because you didn't have enough physical stamina to keep up with it.
    I switched from Carbonex to VTZF this year, and it took me awhile to get used to VTZF design.
    It's harder to use VTZF in front court (when it comes to fast return) because of the head heavy, so you would need to compensate it with your wrist movement. Personally, I'm always covering the back court in doubles, so I like VTZF better since I rarely cover the front court.

You may want to try Yonex ArcSaber series, and I think ArcSaber Z Slash might be a good fit for you (since you need some power for clear and smash in the back court occasionally). I tried my friend's ArcSaber Z Slash, and I think it's good for this type of play.

9. zwrokz

zwrokz Regular Member

student
    Thanks Mate,
    Yes, maybe i wasnt strong enough yet, But i use VT80 for singles that was a 3U, but yeah maybe i didnt have the physical feat to use it in doubles since it was a really fast paced game
    I might consider z slash, thank you

10. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I'm a bit like you in that I have a reasonably strong smash but like the fast exchanges at the net. One of my favourite racquets of all is the ArcSaber 8DX. Stiff, forgiving, fast, even balanced, large sweetspot, good power, excellent control, can take high tensions, looks great and relatively in expensive.

It's a shame they have discontinued it now, some shops still have some old stock but they're found mostly on the used market now.

Some people find it too stiff, but I think its just right.

11. carbonex 20

carbonex 20 Regular Member

engineer
    AT900T 3U with BG80P 29 Lbs

12. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

I'm with Elisha on that one, an aerodynamic frame will help you in the quickness department. Plus you can play with slightly head heavy racket without feeling it too much (I have a BS15 which goes in the same category as those mentioned by Elisha and the funny thing is, you feel the heaviness when you are not moving the racket).

My other suggestion is: maybe you should try some head heavy racket (but not too much) in 4U instead, that way you can have decent power and speed. I have a TP100C 4U and it is an incredible racket. Stable, fast and powerful. I also just got a VT80 in 4U but still haven't tried it.

13. skyz82

skyz82 Regular Member

Marketing
    Probably u can try the BS LYD. It's fast n reasonably powerful. Not really too stiff n a little head heavy. It definitely excels in doubles n is still manageable for singles. It has since replaced my arc 10 n vt80 as my main weapon of mass destruction :p

14. Kmwong93

Kmwong93 Regular Member

Z slash will require a big learning curve but once mastered it's a beast. It's a very wild beast. Need constant taming. Will recommend tk8000 and even the bs series like bs10 11 12. Cheers.