Yonex racket user. Buying first Victor racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by lauleen, May 23, 2013.

1. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Hi Guys

I've been a long time follower on this forum, and it's my first post! All my previous rackets have been Yonex. But recently, my Nanospeed 9900 got stolen and my Arcsaber 10 snapped in a clash. So I'm left with my first gen ti-10 :crying:. I've always been tempted to buy a Victor racket and I guess now is a good a time as any! Can anyone recommend a Victor racket that would suit an intermediate doubles player such as myself? I loved the feel of my arc10 before it snapped and am probably looking for a balanced racket like it.

2. VictorP

VictorP Regular Member

Student
    Bravesword series, meteor 70/jjs

3. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Thanks! I'll read reviews on this later on

4. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Which one in particular from the Brave Sword series?

5. exalted

exalted Regular Member

Marketing
    Meteor MX-80. Basically the only racket I use these days.

6. VictorP

VictorP Regular Member

Student
    Mx-80 is extremely stiff. Feels like hitting a shuttle with a wooden paddle and 12 or 9 is tge best

7. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Ah thanks guys. My nanospeed 9900 was quite stiff compared to my arc10 and to be honest, I preferred a slightly flex racket.

8. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i've only had experience with two braveswords, 11, and 160L. i do believe that both rackets have more flexible shaft than the arc 10, but recently when i bought the peter gade limited edition i found the arc 10 quite flexible. i am leaning toward the BS11 for you since it's closer to the Arc10 than the 160L (which is flexible).

just a warning, when you first use a victor racket, you'll feel a sense of "hollowness". the vibration and sound is completely different. at first you might feel that the quality is not as good as that of yonex, but in fact it is just as good if not better. the reason with yonex feeling more "solid" is because within the frame, the fill a layer of foam, which serves as a dampener of vibration and sound. for victor rackets, the middle of the frame is hollow, but i can tell you that with my experience with clashing my superwave35, i've never found a crack. in reality, in terms of material used, is actually thicker on the victor racket, at least comparing a broken bravesword and a broken armortec900power.

just play with an open mind and see if you can get used to the way the racket communicates with you :)

9. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Victor rackets give you a more lively feel/feedback compared to the dampened/dull feel on Yonex. but then again the strings matter too!

10. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Thanks! I've ever only owned and used Yonex rackets, so I've noticed that feeling you've mentioned when I used my friend's Brave Sword. It's hard to find anyone using them here in the U.K, so I'm relying on reviews and feedback and then perhaps getting someone to get it for me from Hong Kong.

11. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Ah, of course! I've been experimenting with strings, tensions, but only with Yonex strings. I really am a Yonex fanboy. I've used bg66, bg80 and nanogy95 and 98's as well I think. I love bg80 and had it at 26lb on my arc 10 before it clashed. I'll probably stick to Yonex strings, but am open to suggestions!

12. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

By all means stick to Yonex strings. I have BG66UM on my 2x Thruster K8000 and Ashaway Zymax 65 on my BS12.
    Eric from RKEP ebay store also sells pretty much all the high end Victor rackets with really good prices.

13. Thompson

Thompson Regular Member

Supervisor Pharmaceutical Industry
    I loved my Bravesword 10 with Yonex Nanogy 95.
    To bad it broke in a clash, otherwise I might still play with it (now using Carlton Powerblade Elite).
    It is a rather stiff racket, but somehow it is pretty "forgiving"

14. aiexrlder

aiexrlder Regular Member

15. chng5255

chng5255 Regular Member

May I have the ebay links thanks

16. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Yeh! I found my nanospeed 9900 to be really stiff as well. I loved using it, but just found a more flex racket easier to play with when I'm just playing with friends and not too competitive. If the 10 is quite stiff, I'm probably going to look at the 9, 11 or 12!

17. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Thanks for the link. I was just looking at RKEP on ebay, but they don't seem to have any Victor rackets :(

18. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

#18 Elisha, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  19. ariffd93

ariffd93 Regular Member

student
    I had try many rackets, 1st was yonex, 2nd victor, 3rd is lining, b4 this low end racket, from my opinion the best brand is lining, but from each brand i try to find the best, for yonex i found that only voltric and armotec series have power, for victor, only mx series bs10, n tk8000, but exeption for lining, lining expecially n series has excellent technology and control racket for lining also got power, not like bs12, arc11, lack of power, if u want victor series for doubles, i suggest u tk8000 or mxjjs, that is the best victor racket for me, if u want light series, take 4u,

20. lauleen

lauleen Regular Member

Thanks! To be honest, I really only play doubles and only play singles occasionally. The MXJJS was suggested at the beginning of the thread, but I'm probably leaning towards the BS 12 now. I haven't been keeping up with racket news for a long time now. I'll find time and read reviews on rackets mentioned!