First new racket, not sure of choices help

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Jchowdhury, May 24, 2013.

1. Jchowdhury

Jchowdhury Regular Member

Student
    As the title suggest im in the market for a new racket :)
    Ive been playing for a long while with my first racket which is a Head Nanopower 500, its a great racket for the price when it came out but im in the market for something less flexible and a bit more repulsion (the head feels like a carboard wall).

Im a 6 foot player with a medium build, I like to play a balance of singles and doubles but lately its been all doubles! My play style is fast smashes from the rear court but I tend to have more skill in the front court with fast drives and net drops.

The two rackets I have been trying to decide between is the Yonex Voltric 80 and the Arcsaber 11. The Voltric 80 I like the sound of because it seems to have good reviews all round, but I fear it may be too head heavy for doubles in the front court, but the rear court is where it will shine do the extra weight. Would the Voltric 80's head weight be two unforgiving in the front court?
    The Arcsaber 11 I like because its a good balance (with a touch of weight in the head for rear court work), so may seem better for drives and mid court work. It seems like an all rounder, which is appealing.

Any advice will be appreciated!

Thanks.