Some Controversy around the recent BWF Presidential Election, May 2013

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kelana, May 24, 2013.

1. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    -
    I really wonder if any BCer knows something about the controversy during the recent BWF President Election in May 2013? Well, I read none of the issue here yet I may just overlook it.

Anyhow I happen to come across this matter inadvertently when I did some search for other badminton news.

JUSTIAN SUHANDINATA'S OPEN LETTER

Following transcript was originated from http://justiansuhandinata.com/, unfortunately the said content was already removed, here's the extracted copy from other source with date stamp 10 May 2013 08:38:03 GMT

By Yuppy Suhandinata | May 7th, 2013

Here's the original pdf copy of above transcript in English, French, Spanish, Russian and Arabic plus Poul Erik Hoyer's letter, all are full intact, untouched at all - 345,133 bytes: http://bit.ly/10YtKvg

[HR][/HR]
    from online translation of following article: http://smashyes.blogspot.com/2013/05/justianpoul-erik-lakukan-black-campaign.html

[HR][/HR]
    And following is an excerpt from a blog so-called "MALAYSIAN SPORTS"

Read the full article here:
    http://ssdhaliwal.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-writing-is-on-wall.html

Please feel free to add any information that one may have about the election process. It happened that behind the scenes it's indeed a very tensed contest and involving lots of manoeuvres incl. the controversial actions! :eek: :cool:

#1 kelana, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  2. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    And of all possible places, why did you post the topic in INA Professional Players sub-forum, if I may ask?

3. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Welcome to the politics! ;)

4. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Just confused where to put such news category... and since it involved a reputable figure from Indonesia, i simply put it in that sub-forum. Now it's moved to its appropriate place, thanks admin.

5. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Scandinavian extraordinary expertise in politics

Yesss, REAL-LIFE POLITICS, even in the highest places of SPORTING institution... whereas "unconventional tactics" were not taboo either, and passed on safely perhaps to be viewed as a political acumen :D

Well, next time when we all discuss about the athlete's ethical conducts, just keep in mind this kind of things!

Nonetheless I do realize that those core Scandinavian countries: Denmark (population of 5.6m), Sweden (9.5m), and Norway (5m), regardless of their relatively tiny sizes, are outstanding in the today's world with their extraordinary expertise in politics matters :p they are generally quite versed in politics!

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    We are verging into territory that is not allowed on this forum. Please keep the discussion within bounds and preferably in context of the persons and the organisation, or the thread will be closed. :)

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    more controversies:

http://www.sports247.my/2013/05/a-presidential-snub/

[h=1]A presidential snub?[/h]Sports247
    [​IMG]
    Poul-Erik Hoyer was no where to be seen on Sunday. AFPpic​
    THE Sudirman Cup 2013 came to a close yesterday with the usual result – China standing tall by winning their fifth consecutive crown and ninth overall.
    What was unusual was newly elected Badminton World Federation (BWF) president Poul-Erik Hoyer of Denmark, his newly elected deputy Gustavo Salazar Delgado from Peru and BWF secretary general Thomas Lund of Denmark conspicuously missing from the final and prize giving ceremony.
    No one from BWF were able to say why the top three guns didn’t show up, but there was speculation it was a snub to the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) and Badminton Asia Confederation (BAC), who supported Indonesia’s Dr. Justian Suhandinata in the fight to become BWF president. China were also said to be in Justian’s corner.
    Hoyer’s absence made nonsense of his statement immediately after the election in which he preached for unity in BWF.
    Hoyer, who is also Badminton Europe president and 1996 Olympic gold medallist, was also alleged to have said Malaysia is not a safe place.
    Efforts to know the reason behind Hoyer’s absence proved futile, but sources within the governing body have expressed their surprise and disappointment with their newly appointed president’s absence.
    [​IMG]
    Datuk Seri Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh.​
    Meanwhile, Datuk Seri Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, who is the president of BAM and BAC, was caught by surprise when none of the top three BWF officials showed up yesterday.
    “Well, to be honest I am not sure myself, because he (Poul Erik) told me that he was going to be here,” Nadzmi told sports247.my
    “He had explained he had something on, but he was definitely going to be here for the final.
    “I was, however, informed by one of the BWF vice presidents that Hoyer had some urgent matters to look into. So I really don’t know. Even the deputy, was not around.”
    When pressed if he thinks Hoyer’s absence was meant as pay back for Nadzmi’s and Asia’s support for Justian, the Malaysian said he hoped it was not the case.
    After fighting so hard to win the hottest seat in badminton, it is indeed sad Hoyer, a great champion on the court, saw fit to skip the final of the world mixed team champions.
    We doubt FIFA president Sepp Blatter would ever miss a World Cup final.

8. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    I just realized that both the President and the Secretary General come from the same country. What a surprise... wonder if in the past this kind of executive lineup --that both the highest posts come from the same country-- does happen.

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    BWF: There was no snub

28 May 2013
    http://www.sports247.my/2013/05/bwf-there-was-no-snub/

Excerpts:

...Reacting to that speculation, Secretary General Thomas Lund explained that, due to an unavoidable clash of circumstances, neither new BWF President Poul-Erik Hoyer nor new Deputy President Gustavo Salazar Delgado were able to attend the tournament finale.

...“Knowing they would not be around, BWF made provisions for other top officials such as Geraldine Brown, who is the continental vice president for Oceania and Liu Fengyan, the continental vice president of Asia to represent BWF at the Li-Ning Sudirman Cup final.