Please help recommend me what type of racket I should get?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by eeyore12345, May 26, 2013.

1. eeyore12345

eeyore12345 Regular Member

I'm a slow but strong swinger. Overall my game is aggression. I wonder what type of rackets ( stiff, flex, head heaviness) and brands you guys would recommend my type. Thank you.

2. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Head heavy, relatively stiff (± depending on your preference). Heavy in total weight.
    Yonex if you dislike feedback. I don't know how Li-Ning rates qua feedback, but Victor has plenty of feedback.

That kind of racket might suit your preferences. You might suffer in defence and drives though. It is possible to pick a racket to give you a more all-round game if that's what you prefer...

Also; cost might limit what's available to you.

3. amleto

amleto Regular Member

if he has a slow swing then stiff racket will likely not be best suited.

I would suggest even balanced/head heavy and medium flex is more likely to be a good fit.
    e.g.
    yonex: arc7, arcZS, vt70
    victor: mx60, bs9, bs12

#3 amleto, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
  4. ~~Alfonse

~~Alfonse Regular Member

If you have a trained wrist, go for the stiff racket, since you said you swing relatively slower,use a more flexible racket. Either way get a heavy racket (3u-2u) with a heavy head. What I would prefer would be the affordable and good in quality, Apacs Slayer 88. This racket has a medium flex shaft, and has a slightly heavy head, this is a 4u racket, but it does not suffer from any power loss etc from 3u-2u rackets, well most of them anyways. i own one myself, and so far, I love it with Ashaway zymax 70 strings at 24lbs.

Hope this helps :D

Alfonse

5. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I'd say li ning is around yonex's dampening level. They also claim to fill the racquets with HDF (High Density Foam) don't know if its true or not but it feels similar comparing my n55 to my other yonex racquets.

6. NeverWalkAlone

NeverWalkAlone Regular Member

You can try kason f9. It is medium flex and even balanced. It suits aggressive players like us. :D