Cab 10 vs Cab 15

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by EggLover, May 27, 2013.

1. EggLover

EggLover Regular Member

Currently i'm using cab 20 sp and Cab 20 Ti Power which I think a little too stiff for my arm lately. I want an even balance or slight headlight oval racket with good feel. I'm considering the cab 10 and 15 as they are proven models and I'm simply a cab fan but just don't have enough information of these two.

2. hew128

hew128 Regular Member

Previously IT
    If you referring to the original 10 & 15 - the 10 was stiff and solid/heavy racquet while the 15 was flexi. Have not tried the re-incarnations yet. The orig 10 will not break easy while the 15 can be fragile.

3. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Agree with above. If you're talking about the original (built in T-joint) versions. The Cab15 is probably one of the most flexible racquets in the range. I have two Cab 10 Tours and two Cab 15s. I preferred the 10 Tour - feels more solid. Though my favourite has to be the 21.

Not sure I would consider the 20 as stiff though... certainly not by todays standard.

4. hew128

hew128 Regular Member

Previously IT
    Had the original Carbonex 20 before and now the SP version. From memory the original 20 is slightly more flexible than the SP I own now. Otherwise the 'feel' is about right

5. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Haven't noticed much difference in terms of stiffness, perhaps marginally stiffer with the new ones. I have both the original and the later SP versions. I find the original more head heavy but has a bigger sweetspot. The original had a slightly more rounder head shape than the re-released SP versions which I find has a tighter sweetspot. Both versions are fragile though, although I've not broken an original yet (touches wood).

Both are nice racquets to play with but I found the re-released versions less forgiving and takes longer to get used to.

I think they also changed the grommets slightly, as I found stringing the originals a lot easier than stringing the re-released versions.

6. hew128

hew128 Regular Member

Previously IT
    Thanks for the feedback as I no longer have the originals but was looking for racquets with that feel

7. EggLover

EggLover Regular Member

The cab 10 (muscle) (tour) are difficult to find these days. Saw an orange silver cab 15 but the shop didn't gave good discount.

Btw between cab 10 tour and cab 15 which is more headlight? Might be hunting for sumthing blue... :D