User Tag List

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A year and a half in BabolaT racquets!

I started playing with BabolaT racquets in October 2011. Here is the result of playing, only one of these I actually broke (second one from top or left) which was a frame hit on a shuttlecock. The first one, my son hit my racquet when I was blocking a shuttle near the net. Third one he smashed when he got too close to a large metal frame (soccer goalpost). Fourth and fifth one, my son had frame hits on a shuttle. I heard that with the fifth one, he had accidentally hit the floor three times on Saturday, before he framed it twice yesterday, on the second frame, it broke.

Anyway, I got a few replacements today, and strung one for him to play with tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few replacements? So that should last him a few months then

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you let him drive your car?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, hopefully it should last more than a few months. I got a couple of X-Feel Blast's, then I thought I would try the slightly cheaper racquets - the N-Tense Blast and N-Tense Power. So far, no problems - the N-Tense racquets seems to be quite good.

P.S. He hasn't yet learnt to drive, but maybe soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@johnlowe88 : please give me review of X-Feel Power. I played Yonex Arc 008 (good in control but power is so so) and Babolat Satelite 6.5 Blast (give impressive powerful smash). Now i need a even balance racquet like Arc 008 but more power and I'm considering X-Feel Power 2013

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trung.gnuyen View Post
    @johnlowe88 : please give me review of X-Feel Power. I played Yonex Arc 008 (good in control but power is so so) and Babolat Satelite 6.5 Blast (give impressive powerful smash). Now i need a even balance racquet like Arc 008 but more power and I'm considering X-Feel Power 2013
    Hi,

I did play with the ArcSaber 008 - it was quite ok, but I couldn't get comfortable with it, maybe due to the stiff shaft. I went to the X-Feel Power and it immediately felt much better - more like an extension of my arm, which is what a good racquet should be like. I use the X-Feel Power for doubles, very responsive, very precise, good power - but will depend on what string is used. I use NBG-98 at 22/24lbs - being an older player, and the X-Feel Power shaft feels more flexible than the Arc-008. For singles I like to start with the X-Feel Blast - the head-heavy balance gives a much more powerful smash, but of course changes in direction - backhand to forehand are a little slower than the X-Feel Power.

My son, of course, is younger and more powerful, prefers the X-Feel Blast - doesn't really like the X-Feel Power - but can also play with the N-Tense Blast. So it looks like the Blast gives more power, the Power gives more control. I haven't tried the others in the range, but would expect that the others would give much quicker side to side movements but lower power - good for defensive and net play but not so good for power and attacking play.

-John
    Last edited by johnlowe88; 08-12-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnlowe88 View Post
    Hi,

I did play with the ArcSaber 008 - it was quite ok, but I couldn't get comfortable with it, maybe due to the stiff shaft. I went to the X-Feel Power and it immediately felt much better - more like an extension of my arm, which is what a good racquet should be like. I use the X-Feel Power for doubles, very responsive, very precise, good power - but will depend on what string is used. I use NBG-98 at 22/24lbs - being an older player, and the X-Feel Power shaft feels more flexible than the Arc-008. For singles I like to start with the X-Feel Blast - the head-heavy balance gives a much more powerful smash, but of course changes in direction - backhand to forehand are a little slower than the X-Feel Power.

My son, of course, is younger and more powerful, prefers the X-Feel Blast - doesn't really like the X-Feel Power - but can also play with the N-Tense Blast. So it looks like the Blast gives more power, the Power gives more control. I haven't tried the others in the range, but would expect that the others would give much quicker side to side movements but lower power - good for defensive and net play but not so good for power and attacking play.

-John
    I played doubles almost time, mine is Arcsaber 008T with stiff shaft, balance 285, head light that is similar to X-Feel Power, I strung BG70 Pro at 23lbs. If it's not much difference, I may keep Arcsaber 008T and buy N-Tenese Blast.

How's power to compare between N-Tense Blast vs Satelite 6.5 Blast MetricFlex?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N-Tense has a more flexible shaft. You may or may not like it. Generally it is head heavy and probably similar to Satelite Blast, but I have not tried the latest MetricFlex models. I have been out of a job for over a year now, so with 10 Babolat racquets, I don't really feel the need to get more unless one breaks.

For young intermediate/advanced players, go for stiff shaft. For new and older players, go for a more flexible shaft. After that is whether preference is for head heavy/balanced, or head light - each has its own advantages and disadvantages, so most people have a range of racquets in their bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@johnlowe88 : thanks for your advices, I'm considering X-Feel Power

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way is to try to borrow one to play with. You may also consider the Satelite Power - for me, I prefer the X-Feel Power but use the Satelite Power as my backup racquet if I run out of X-Feel's. Just to let you know, my line up of Babolat's are:

2 X-Feel Blast (good for singles, plus my son uses these)
    2 X-Feel Power (my main doubles and second singles racquet)
    1 Satelite 6.5 Power (backup doubles racquet)
    1 N-Tense Blast (general singles racquet)
    1 N-Tense Power (general doubles racquet)
    1 Satelite Synchro 2007 (very good doubles racquet, but a little lacking in power, shorter by 5mm)
    2 Satelite Brio 2007 (good general racquets, good power but shorter by 5mm, strung with different strings)

The N-Tense and Brio's I often lend to people to play during my playing sessions. If I get a job, I will probably get a Satelite 6.5 Blast, and a couple of X-Feel Essential's since I expect that they would be good for doubles play, but most likely lacking a little in power. Doubles play though is usually quick fast movements with short attacking strokes, not necessarily powerful smashes, although a smash from mid-court with any racquet is usually powerful enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@johnlowe88 here Babolat is strength brand in badminton (but famous in tennis) so I can't borrow for a try. I like quick racquet but more power smash than my arcsaber 008T.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@johnlow88, i got X-Feel Power 2012 (similar your 2nd racket from left to right), I had fun with it, but after a week, i saw some grommets that have small flaking paint around each one (like paint is soft). That will be okay?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnlowe88 View Post
    Best way is to try to borrow one to play with. You may also consider the Satelite Power - for me, I prefer the X-Feel Power but use the Satelite Power as my backup racquet if I run out of X-Feel's. Just to let you know, my line up of Babolat's are:

2 X-Feel Blast (good for singles, plus my son uses these)
    2 X-Feel Power (my main doubles and second singles racquet)
    1 Satelite 6.5 Power (backup doubles racquet)
    1 N-Tense Blast (general singles racquet)
    1 N-Tense Power (general doubles racquet)
    1 Satelite Synchro 2007 (very good doubles racquet, but a little lacking in power, shorter by 5mm)
    2 Satelite Brio 2007 (good general racquets, good power but shorter by 5mm, strung with different strings)

The N-Tense and Brio's I often lend to people to play during my playing sessions. If I get a job, I will probably get a Satelite 6.5 Blast, and a couple of X-Feel Essential's since I expect that they would be good for doubles play, but most likely lacking a little in power. Doubles play though is usually quick fast movements with short attacking strokes, not necessarily powerful smashes, although a smash from mid-court with any racquet is usually powerful enough.

can you give me a feedback/review when using satelite 6.5 power for doubles? thanks