A year and a half in BabolaT racquets!

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by johnlowe88, May 27, 2013.

1. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I started playing with BabolaT racquets in October 2011. Here is the result of playing, only one of these I actually broke (second one from top or left) which was a frame hit on a shuttlecock. The first one, my son hit my racquet when I was blocking a shuttle near the net. Third one he smashed when he got too close to a large metal frame (soccer goalpost). Fourth and fifth one, my son had frame hits on a shuttle. I heard that with the fifth one, he had accidentally hit the floor three times on Saturday, before he framed it twice yesterday, on the second frame, it broke.

Anyway, I got a few replacements today, and strung one for him to play with tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. Mike1337

Mike1337 Regular Member

A few replacements? So that should last him a few months then ;)

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Do you let him drive your car? :confused:

4. johnlowe88

IT Consultant
    Yes, hopefully it should last more than a few months. I got a couple of X-Feel Blast's, then I thought I would try the slightly cheaper racquets - the N-Tense Blast and N-Tense Power. So far, no problems - the N-Tense racquets seems to be quite good.

P.S. He hasn't yet learnt to drive, but maybe soon.

5. trung.gnuyen

trung.gnuyen Regular Member

[MENTION=70986]johnlowe88[/MENTION]: please give me review of X-Feel Power. I played Yonex Arc 008 (good in control but power is so so) and Babolat Satelite 6.5 Blast (give impressive powerful smash). Now i need a even balance racquet like Arc 008 but more power and I'm considering X-Feel Power 2013

6. johnlowe88

IT Consultant
    Hi,

I did play with the ArcSaber 008 - it was quite ok, but I couldn't get comfortable with it, maybe due to the stiff shaft. I went to the X-Feel Power and it immediately felt much better - more like an extension of my arm, which is what a good racquet should be like. I use the X-Feel Power for doubles, very responsive, very precise, good power - but will depend on what string is used. I use NBG-98 at 22/24lbs - being an older player, and the X-Feel Power shaft feels more flexible than the Arc-008. For singles I like to start with the X-Feel Blast - the head-heavy balance gives a much more powerful smash, but of course changes in direction - backhand to forehand are a little slower than the X-Feel Power.

My son, of course, is younger and more powerful, prefers the X-Feel Blast - doesn't really like the X-Feel Power - but can also play with the N-Tense Blast. So it looks like the Blast gives more power, the Power gives more control. I haven't tried the others in the range, but would expect that the others would give much quicker side to side movements but lower power - good for defensive and net play but not so good for power and attacking play.

-John

#6 johnlowe88, Aug 11, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  7. trung.gnuyen

I played doubles almost time, mine is Arcsaber 008T with stiff shaft, balance 285, head light that is similar to X-Feel Power, I strung BG70 Pro at 23lbs. If it's not much difference, I may keep Arcsaber 008T and buy N-Tenese Blast.

How's power to compare between N-Tense Blast vs Satelite 6.5 Blast MetricFlex?

8. johnlowe88

IT Consultant
    N-Tense has a more flexible shaft. You may or may not like it. Generally it is head heavy and probably similar to Satelite Blast, but I have not tried the latest MetricFlex models. I have been out of a job for over a year now, so with 10 Babolat racquets, I don't really feel the need to get more unless one breaks.

For young intermediate/advanced players, go for stiff shaft. For new and older players, go for a more flexible shaft. After that is whether preference is for head heavy/balanced, or head light - each has its own advantages and disadvantages, so most people have a range of racquets in their bag.

9. trung.gnuyen

[MENTION=70986]johnlowe88[/MENTION]: thanks for your advices, I'm considering X-Feel Power

10. johnlowe88

IT Consultant
    Best way is to try to borrow one to play with. You may also consider the Satelite Power - for me, I prefer the X-Feel Power but use the Satelite Power as my backup racquet if I run out of X-Feel's. Just to let you know, my line up of Babolat's are:

2 X-Feel Blast (good for singles, plus my son uses these)
    2 X-Feel Power (my main doubles and second singles racquet)
    1 Satelite 6.5 Power (backup doubles racquet)
    1 N-Tense Blast (general singles racquet)
    1 N-Tense Power (general doubles racquet)
    1 Satelite Synchro 2007 (very good doubles racquet, but a little lacking in power, shorter by 5mm)
    2 Satelite Brio 2007 (good general racquets, good power but shorter by 5mm, strung with different strings)

The N-Tense and Brio's I often lend to people to play during my playing sessions. If I get a job, I will probably get a Satelite 6.5 Blast, and a couple of X-Feel Essential's since I expect that they would be good for doubles play, but most likely lacking a little in power. Doubles play though is usually quick fast movements with short attacking strokes, not necessarily powerful smashes, although a smash from mid-court with any racquet is usually powerful enough.

11. trung.gnuyen

[MENTION=70986]johnlowe88[/MENTION] here Babolat is strength brand in badminton (but famous in tennis) so I can't borrow for a try. I like quick racquet but more power smash than my arcsaber 008T.

12. trung.gnuyen

@johnlow88, i got X-Feel Power 2012 (similar your 2nd racket from left to right), I had fun with it, but after a week, i saw some grommets that have small flaking paint around each one (like paint is soft). That will be okay?

13. Rych05

Rych05 Regular Member

can you give me a feedback/review when using satelite 6.5 power for doubles? thanks :D

14. johnlowe88

IT Consultant
    There are a few more racquets to add to this collection. Since I last posted here, a Satelite Brio, X-Feel Power, Satelite Synchro and today, a Satelite 6.5 Power. The last two, the Synchro and Power was broken by my wife in the past 30 days, through clashes with the partner's racquet. I bought a couple of the new Satelite 6.5 Metricflex Essential's for her to use, and maybe need to look for more racquets.

To Rych05, the Satelite Power is great for men's doubles play. Including the X-Feel Power, good balance, sufficiently top heavy to give good smash capability and still light enough for quick forehand/backhand changes. I think that the Essential would be better at doubles, but probably lacking in smash power since it is a lot more balanced.

I now have enough to make a BabolaT pen collection.

#14 johnlowe88, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016