Serving

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by andy, Apr 10, 2001.

1. andy

andy Guest

Can you smash a serve that you are receiving from the opposite team? Also, can you leave your service court when you are the receiver in order to play the shuttle?

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Smashing your opposition's serve depends on the serve itself. Its a high one in mid court, why not?

I believe, your not allowed to move until the shuttle is put into play. That means you can't leave your court before the shuttle has been served. That also includes making and noises or sounds that make distract your opponent.

3. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    I've seen someone constantly moving when they are getting ready to serve. When I say move, it's like "shaking" or dancing moving. Can he do that? Where does it say in the IBF rulebook? It's like a moving distraction to the serving side.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    as long as both your feet are planted to the ground, i believe your body can move as much as you want up to the point it is not distracting your opponent.

5. May

May Guest

I am not too sure but is it true ur arm has to be above or below ur waist when u serve????? It's either one, I am not too sure.

6. sigit kind of shakes his racket when he receives serves, i guess up to that extent it is legal