User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    Any progress?
    Yes, although progress is slowed down a bit. My partner dropped out of the project temporarily and I had internet problems last week that led to corrupting the repository and being unable to find out why no one could run the project. x(
    Anyway, if you want, I can go through what is completed and how much more needs to be done if you give me a PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Could you post a description of how your program will work?

Quote Originally Posted by MrHoang View Post
    Yes, although progress is slowed down a bit. My partner dropped out of the project temporarily and I had internet problems last week that led to corrupting the repository and being unable to find out why no one could run the project. x(
    Anyway, if you want, I can go through what is completed and how much more needs to be done if you give me a PM.
    I've looked at your project (https://github.com/Cinnabon/BCQueue). As a non-programmer, its not easy from this, to see how your program will operate. A brief description would be helpful for get more people interested. Also what parts work what remains to do.

Giving this information, perhaps a flow chart, will bring useful suggestions from this forum.

Good luck with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

System developer here
    Very interesting project. To bad i didnt see it earlier or maybe i could have given some startup advice.
    What db are you using to store the data? Did you ever think of doing a web solution? You could quite easy set up a webserver on the computer used for the bookings. For just a local system, used on the same computer as the server, it might not do much sense. But thinking in the long run using this approach, you could example admin it from another computer on the intranet. The computer behind the cashierdesk. Or even connect to it from a smartphone over the internet. Imo a websolution would give alot of benefits for "nice to have things" in the future.

Always nice to se stuff like this and i know how hard it can be to get the spare time to do a project like this. Keep up the good work. Maybe i can help out somehow if you need it and i get some spare time.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's an upload of my very alpha version.

http://www.filedropper.com/pegboard

Windows binary.

It's totally manual, so it's just a replacement for pegs really, rather than an automated system.
    Last edited by amleto; 08-31-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    here's an upload of my very alpha version.

http://www.filedropper.com/pegboard

Windows binary.

It's totally manual, so it's just a replacement for pegs really, rather than an automated system.
    Actually, you might be better getting the one from here

I hope the link works ok.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody tried it? If so...

Too confusing?
    Not intuitive?
    Bad because...?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amleto, I've tested it.

It's like you said, a pegboard replacement. Works as it should BUT one annoying thing is that player names cannot be deleted; or maybe I don't know how to remove names? Other than that, it's a decent pegboard replacement. I'll be using it at a club session tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just took it for a quickspin. Two things i noticed was that if you add a player before you add the court the player will end up beneath the court. Also, why does the console window open in the background?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neffri View Post
    Just took it for a quickspin. Two things i noticed was that if you add a player before you add the court the player will end up beneath the court.
    That's interesting. Please could you describe the exact steps? What is shown in the console window?
    edit: I've found a bug where if there is no 'waiting list' then multiple things go wrong. I think this is the cause of what you see? In my testing, adding a waiting list and moving the player item around will get things going again.

Also, why does the console window open in the background?
    It might provide me with useful information for bug reports whilst the app is in development. Some errors (most, at the moment) are not shown to the user, so if something goes wring it might tell you on the console why.

Thanks for your time & input.
    Last edited by amleto; 09-04-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amleto, I've tested it.

It's like you said, a pegboard replacement. Works as it should BUT one annoying thing is that player names cannot be deleted; or maybe I don't know how to remove names? Other than that, it's a decent pegboard replacement. I'll be using it at a club session tonight.
    Yes, this is something I'm aware of - You can add 'stuff' (players, courts etc), but I haven't provided any way to delete or modify 'stuff'... yet.

Thanks for your input.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I added a couple of tips on the wiki, maybe you they will be useful.

https://bitbucket.org/Amleto/pegboardpublic/wiki/Home
    Tips

Double-clicking on various player containers may help you out: Double-click on a...

• Court container and all the contained players will be moved back to the waiting area.
    • 'Up Next' container and all the players will be moved to a free court (if there is one).

PegBoard doesn't work very well without a 'waiting list' container - sorry, you have to add this manually at the moment.

Last edited by amleto; 09-04-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi amleto,

I downloaded, then tried to install this on win xp, but got the message "pegboard-20133901-153929.exe is not a valid win 32 application.

I am likely not doing this correctly, any suggestions?

Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bob506 View Post
    Hi amleto,

I downloaded, then tried to install this on win xp, but got the message "pegboard-20133901-153929.exe is not a valid win 32 application.

I am likely not doing this correctly, any suggestions?

Thanks
    It's an all-in-one binary so it only needs to be copy/pasted where ever you want.

It looks like the packaging software has built a win64 app - this will not work on Win32, sorry. I can make a 32 bit version, but maybe not right away. I will update when it's available.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All,

I've just released a version of my automated peg board which can cater for clubs with up to 16 courts as I know some of you on here are members of clubs this large,

http://www.badboard.net

if you'd like to give it a try,

regards,
    Tweeter

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't setup a Win32 vm for testing, but I have made a Win32 version (I think).

please grab the 32 or 64 bit version from here
    https://bitbucket.org/Amleto/pegboar...uild?at=master

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeter View Post
    Hi All,

I've just released a version of my automated peg board which can cater for clubs with up to 16 courts as I know some of you on here are members of clubs this large,

http://www.badboard.net

if you'd like to give it a try,

regards,
    Tweeter

I've also tried Tweeter's BadBoard. It's a fairly good program but there is just not enough "manual control" for it to work for me. For e.g. our club does not use a "play time" system where games are played to a set amount of time. The BadBoard program would be much better for us if this function could be "optional".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've also tried Tweeter's BadBoard. It's a fairly good program but there is just not enough "manual control" for it to work for me. For e.g. our club does not use a "play time" system where games are played to a set amount of time. The BadBoard program would be much better for us if this function could be "optional".
    I'd urge you to try the timer based system for one evening in your club, you'll be impressed, I promise. The evening will then run fully automated, the system will make all the playing decisions for you.

Having said that, there'd be no problem making the timer system otpional, however it's difficult to see what could be automated, i.e. it probably wouldn't have any advantage over a physical peg board.

Unless of course you have some rules that could facilitate automating your clubs system?? If you do let me know and I'll certainly put together a version that suits your needs,

regards,
    Tweeter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast