6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still on track for 9 Aug release?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argh, trying my best. We ran into a few problems that stalled the progress a bit, but we're rolling again; we're almost done. I hope this isn't of inconvenience to you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not an inconvenience at all! Just very keen to try out your project. Thanks for all the hard work though

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrHoang View Post
    Argh, trying my best. We ran into a few problems that stalled the progress a bit, but we're rolling again; we're almost done. I hope this isn't of inconvenience to you.
    any chance you can add 2010 version? you might like to remove bin/obj dirs from source control as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    any chance you can add 2010 version? you might like to remove bin/obj dirs from source control as well.
    What do you mean by 2010 version?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean your studio solution/project files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still not sure what you mean amleto. The code is currently targeting .NET Framework 4.5. Are you asking if I could add a source that targets an older .NET Framework?

Also, I've been thinking a lot about the security measures that will be provided in the program. Shall it be under a trust basis where users will have the option to end "active games" at will, or should a password system be put into it? (Although I reckon that may be bothersome for the users)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a "trust basis" should be fine. Players on court will play till the set finishes anyway right?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still not sure what you mean amleto. The code is currently targeting .NET Framework 4.5. Are you asking if I could add a source that targets an older .NET Framework?

Also, I've been thinking a lot about the security measures that will be provided in the program. Shall it be under a trust basis where users will have the option to end "active games" at will, or should a password system be put into it? (Although I reckon that may be bothersome for the users)
    You have obviously been using visual studio 2012 - your .csproj files are from visual studio 2012, correct? They cannot be converted to an earlier version (whereas visual studio is able to convert the otherway). Not quite sure how a software dev could be confused by what I'm talking about.

Are you actually using any .net 4.5 features?
    Last edited by amleto; 08-14-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@llpjlau Yes, that's one of the options. There's also a timer-based system where the club manager can configure the amount of time allowed per "set."
    @amleto Sorry, but I'm not too familiar with the technical details of different VS versions and how the actual project extension files work due to the fact that it's my first project written in WPF (well, C# in general, which I learned just after starting the project). I suppose I introduced myself as a software developer, but I am by no means professional; I have only just graduated high school. I am using a few .NET 4.5 features, but only the delay in the binding comes to mind.
    If VS cannot convert to an earlier version, will I have to manually make changes to the source to add the 2010 version?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the ETA on the project? Would love to test it out this Saturday, even if only a beta version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might undertake something similar. Though do everything in Excel and VBA programming. Will see how I get on. Our club doesn't have many courts (4) but a wide range of player skills. So the aim of the program will try to focus on the scheduling as well as some logic behind who plays with who and how often etc and try and improve overall game experience and make sure at the end of the night everyone gets roughly the same amount of games.

Currently we just work off a whiteboard with magnetic name tags.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@llpjlau Yes, that's one of the options. There's also a timer-based system where the club manager can configure the amount of time allowed per "set."
    @amleto Sorry, but I'm not too familiar with the technical details of different VS versions and how the actual project extension files work due to the fact that it's my first project written in WPF (well, C# in general, which I learned just after starting the project). I suppose I introduced myself as a software developer, but I am by no means professional; I have only just graduated high school. I am using a few .NET 4.5 features, but only the delay in the binding comes to mind.
    If VS cannot convert to an earlier version, will I have to manually make changes to the source to add the 2010 version?
    Ordinarily, no, the source won't need to be changed, but you'd need to re-create the solution & project files (the .sln, and .csproj files) using an older visual studio (e.g. http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudi...o-2010-express).

However, having just read this (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...al-studio-2010), it appears MS won't let you use .net 4.5 with older version of MSVS. ho hum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@llpjlau I've kept you waiting for a while. I'll try my best to release a usable version by this Saturday.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't mean to rush you or anything but would the program be ready by any chance? I've got a session in ~12 hours time and would be happy to give it a "test drive" if it's ready.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@llpjlau
    At the moment, it's not functional yet. It might be possible to get it ready within ~12 hours though. Working on it right now.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any progress?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast