Need a New Racket. Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tchan, May 27, 2013.

1. tchan

tchan Regular Member

Junior High Student
    Hey all, right now I am in search of a new racket. I am a 15 year old male, I prefer to play doubles and smash in the back. My smash is pretty good, but my defense is not quite good. Right now I am using a Voltric 9 with BG66UM @ 24lbs, it's an OK racket but sometimes it tires me out. I also feel that it isn't really friendly, sometimes it lets me down and other times it is a great racket. I am looking at the Arcsaber 11, Arcsaber 11 TH, Arcsaber 009DX, Bravesword LYD, or Voltric 80. I don't really have a budget, but obviously a lower price is good. I like an even-head heavy racket because if it's too heavy then I get tired and my defense is slow. Thanks for your help! :)

2. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I would say take the voltric 80 off of your list if you found he voltric 9 too much to handle. You're still young and if you're getting good training, (you really should look into if you aren't) your tastes will continue to change. I'd recommend the arcsaber 10 for you the most. Though its out of production so the arcsaber 11 should be close enough based on other reviews on the site.

3. tchan

tchan Regular Member

Junior High Student
    Thanks decoy! Yes, I am getting decent training. I play for EDBA (Edmonton District Badminton Association). Thanks for the recommendation. I will look into those 2 rackets, but I think I will go for the Arc 11, since it's newer and $2 cheaper than Arc 10 on MBS anyway.

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    going to an even balance arcsaber is a good idea, keep everything balance until you have developed your skill considerably :)