Looking for a new racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tofutiger, May 27, 2013.

1. tofutiger

tofutiger New Member

student
    Hi, I've been playing for roughly 5 years. For the last 4 years, I have used an AT 700. The strings broke recently and when I tried to get it restrung at 26.5 lbs the racquet started showing a crack and it was returned to me. I'm now looking to buy a new racquet, hope you guys can help. I play with both plastics and feather, depending on the occasion and who I'm playing with. In terms of my skill level, right now I can win against some of the other players my age who's had previous training but I also get beaten pretty clearly by the really good players in our generation. I've never had any type of formal training myself.

In terms of playstyle, I'd say I'm a bit of an all around player. I like to move my opponents around but if I get a good chance, I also like to play the winners.

I'm looking for a not-too-expensive racquet (between 100 and 200 CDN). I was going to go for another head heavy racquet, but I'd rlly like to hear what you guys have to say first.

2. stopdrop

stopdrop Regular Member

student
    victor meteor x80

3. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Karakal BN-60

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if you enjoy playing with your head heavy racket and find nothing wrong with it, then buy another at700 if you can find it, or try out the voltric line if you must have yonex, if not, a lot of victor series rackets are head heavy as well :)

5. tofutiger

tofutiger New Member

student
    The Karakal bn-60 seems interesting. I can't believe it only weighs 60g and the recommended tension goes up to 28lbs. I actually wanted to string my at 700 at 28 lbs but the person at the shop said he was only comfortable up to 26.5. Maybe I'll get one strung at 27lbs first and see. I think the at 700 was at 24/26lbs before I broke the strings.

What can you guys say about the arcsaber 5? is it comparable to the mx80?