User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 52 to 63 of 63
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,974
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The theme color will be blue then...

  2. #53
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Posts
    779
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otidh View Post
    Based on this below news article, I think it's already official. It also says that Blibli.com, an online store affiliated with Djarum, will be the next sponsor of the 2014-2017 Indonesia Open.



    Djarum Badminton Sponsorships Up in Smoke

    By Ami Afriatni on 4:00 pm May 3, 2013.
    Category Badminton, Sports
    Tags: Badminton World Federation, Indonesia Open Superseries, tobacco ban


    A file picture dated June 14, 2012 show Yu Yang, right, and Wang Xiaoli, left, of China during the main round of the Djarum Indonesia Open 2012 in Jakarta, Indonesia. (EPA Photo/Bagus Indahono)

    Indonesian cigarette company Djarum announced that it will end its sponsorship of sporting events held in the country starting next year following an anti-tobacco campaign issued by the Badminton World Federation.

    “Djarum has decided to end its sponsorship in next year’s Indonesia Open as well as other badminton tournaments, including local events on the National Circuit, to support the campaign. We are fine with the ban as long as it is not only for Djarum,” Yoppy Rosimin, the Djarum Foundation’s Program Director for Sports, told the Jakarta Globe on Friday.

    However, Yoppy said, it does not mean Djarum will halt its sponsorship efforts in badminton. Blibli.com, a new online store affiliated with Djarum, will be the next sponsor of the 2014-2017 Indonesia Open.

    “Blibli will be the next sponsor to help develop the company,” he said. “And I assure you that the tournament will be as big as before, even bigger. We will increase the prize money every year.”
    Djarum has been adding to the tournament’s jackpot since it was upgraded from a regular Superseries to a Superseries Premier back in 2011. That year, the offered $600,000 in prize money; for 2013, the pot will total $700,000.

    BWF Communications Manager Gayle Alleyne said in a statement that the world badminton governing body agreed in June that all of the sport’s tournaments that bore a tobacco sponsor would be given a one-and-a-half year period to conclude such partnerships to comply with the BWF’s tobacco ban, which takes effect January 2014.

    “This decision is in line with the global standards of protecting sporting integrity and health-related values within the realm of sponsorship. Given this, many countries already had domestic legislation preventing tobacco sponsorship and therefore very few badminton events were affiliated with tobacco companies. This fact made it easier for BWF to effect this change,” Alleyne told the Jakarta Globe by email.

    “The BWF appreciates that sponsorship is vital for maintaining and upgrading high-quality tournaments. The world-governing body is constantly working to attract new sponsors, and its efforts have borne fruit, most recently with multiple sponsorships for the BWF’s major events.”
    As for the BWF World Superseries, Alleyne said, no hosts apart from Indonesia have tobacco sponsorships.

    “The other Superseries tournaments have successfully attracted support from other sponsorship categories, and Indonesian badminton authorities are optimistic of doing likewise in the near future,” said Alleyne.

    source:
    http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sport...s-up-in-smoke/
    What about Red Bulls sponsoring tournaments in China? This highly caffeinated energy drink made by this monster company is very unhealthy to take in to your body.

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Yogyakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    2,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    from hauge twitter: Han Li wdn, Bellaetrix to main draw, and Ana Rovita to Qualification.

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indrg View Post
    What about Red Bulls sponsoring tournaments in China? This highly caffeinated energy drink made by this monster company is very unhealthy to take in to your body.
    FYI, Red Bull is also a sponsor to BWF.

  5. #56
    Regular Member kelana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Parmir Mountains, Silk Road
    Posts
    3,113
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    Read somewhere that you were going this year or was it someone else. Got mixed up.
    However, I think next year won't be as interesting as this year.
    nokh88, any particular reason why did you say that?

    Quote Originally Posted by nokh88 View Post
    A piece of advice and warning : DON'T BUY YOUR TICKET NOW.
    You may be disappointed.
    the same question

  6. #57
    Regular Member etudiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Christian Grey's playroom
    Posts
    12,236
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rosid View Post
    from hauge twitter: Han Li wdn, Bellaetrix to main draw, and Ana Rovita to Qualification.
    Hopefully LD wont joining Li Han withdrawal

    That's good news for Bella and Ana though

    Anyhow this yr Ina Open gonna be so interesting as usual, TH farewell, Djarum "farewell"

    So many Ina new WD scratch pairs

    I personally already like the old usual pairs, and I hate to see they are splitted like this

  7. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Nothing bad for me as I know Blibli.com will show the same support or even better than Djarum :P
    But the Blibli girls were not as, ahem, revealing as the legendary Djarum Girls .......

    So to experience the last of the dying breed ..... must go this year ......

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    coming to a court near you...
    Posts
    28,044
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    But the Blibli girls were not as, ahem, revealing as the legendary Djarum Girls .......

    So to experience the last of the dying breed ..... must go this year ......
    As always, make sure you share

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madbad View Post
    As always, make sure you share
    You guys would have to endure a very very very loooong wait ..... trust me on this one, wakakakakaka ........ yup, much longer than all the rest of the Djarum INA Open photos I put up those last few years.

    As the say, save the best for last!

  10. #61
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In Competition
    Posts
    18,289
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Yeah....from next year onwards, I will try to attend BOTH INA SSP and SIN SS
    As Yoda once said, "THERE IS ONLY DO, THERE IS NO TRY ......"

  11. #62
    Regular Member clawhammers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    724
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    do or do not.... there is no try

  12. #63
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    9,047
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelana View Post
    nokh88, any particular reason why did you say that?

    the same question
    Here is the answer if your reason was to watch LD play.

    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...ls/701568.html

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •