Injury diagnosis help - Meniscus Tear?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by cacing, May 28, 2013.

1. cacing

cacing New Member

Hi
    I recently sustain an injury on my right knee. It's at least another 3 weeks before I am schedule for my appointment in the sports clinic (A&E here is pretty hopeless). And I am pretty worried as it take almost a week for the swelling to subside(not completely) and for me to walk normally. (PS: i did went to a local TCM for acupuncture on the third day as it was rather painful to walk). The thing is I did not fall or twisted my knee. Well i guess i did aggravate by continue playing the following day.

The swell just above the knee and on the left side of my knee cap. Any kind soul experience something like this before?

2. flailingarms

flailingarms Regular Member

Student
    if the swelling was quick after any knee pain, then yes. Most likely diagnosis would be mensical tear. However, since you deny trauma, if the swelling is not hot nor painful then I would only be worried about a bursitis or pseudogout otherwise. Either way, it's nothing urgent unless you develop a fever and knee swelling. Besides if that happens the pain would be so great you'd be in hospital anyway. Relax, just make sure you go to your appointment and all will be fine. Well... at least it's not life threatening.